Love carbs but they are the devil!!

Options
Hey! I’ve done multiple quick faddy diets that don’t last. I’ve learnt that I have a endomorph body but just love pizza,pasta, breads ..... have you guys got any low carb replacements? I couldn’t believe one bagel had over my daily allowance 😩

Replies

• jennifergore59
    jennifergore59 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you 🙏 for the link
  • jennifergore59
    jennifergore59 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Having tried every diet I found the only one that worked for me as Keto. This is why I’m strung up on carb counting.

I will just focus on my calorie intake now and stop being so harsh on myself
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I was surprised how easy it was for me to decrease my carb intake with alternatives. Trader Joe's has an amazing cauliflower pizza crust that I make for myself when my boys are asking for pizza. You could also make your own, but it is a pain in the butt. I also love things wrapped in lettuce. Burgers, tacos, lunch meats, etc. The only thing I have an issue with is pasta, because I'm a server/bartender at an Italian restaurant and we live on messed up pasta dishes some weekends. lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’ve done multiple quick faddy diets that don’t last. I’ve learnt that I have a endomorph body but just love pizza,pasta, breads ..... have you guys got any low carb replacements? I couldn’t believe one bagel had over my daily allowance 😩

just no.

eat in a deficit, do some exercise, eat some veg.

keto/low carb is also a fad diet
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Having tried every diet I found the only one that worked for me as Keto. This is why I’m strung up on carb counting.

But does it really work if you really like carbs? Calories are what matter for weight loss but so does sustainability and eating in a way that makes it easy to comply with your calorie targets.

If keto suits your eating preferences, it will be sustainable and is a valid way to control calories. If it doesn't suit your eating preferences, you may lose weight on it for awhile but you'll find you won't sustain it over time and there is the real possibility you will regain whatever you lose.

The best thing you can do it find a way to eat within your calorie goal that is sustainable for you for the rest of your life, both losing excess weight and maintaining when you get to goal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

Keto is fine and will work if you like eating that way. Personally, I eat a lot of veg and fruit as well as beans, lentils, oats, potatoes, root vegetables, etc. Keto would never work for me, as those are some of my favorite foods given that my diet is substantially plant based. I am a carnivore, but I couldn't imagine just eating fat, fat, fat, and more fat and tons of meat...not to mention, my LDL cholesterol always jumps up when I start eating too much saturated fat.
  • PigHerder
    PigHerder Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Keto/Low carb is just one way of reducing your calorie intake, and it works fine as a weightloss strategy if you genuinely enjoy eating that way. I am very much a "CARBS = LIFE" person, and would keel over and die after three days on Keto. :smile:

My big issue with Keto is the "what happens when you reach your goal" part. Are you really going to eat that way forever? A carb free existence for the next 50 years? Keto doesn't seem to train you for the maintenance part of the process, and part of the weight loss journey is figuring out how to maintain your smaller self. Just eating a balanced diet of food that you enjoy and which fits your calorie goals just seems easier and more sustainable in the long term.

But good luck, whatever you decide.