Zumba

Options
What category do you use when entering Zumba into exercise ? Anyone have any idea how many calories one might use for 60 minutes of Zumba?

Replies

• wendyscott1983
    Options
    i was looking for the same info .
  • PaulaAnn143
    Options
    i just log it under areobics, general
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It will vary depending on everyone you wont know your exact amount without a heart rate monitor - but try this calculator,its pretty accurate based on my workouts. You will have to add it in your database, it isn't a part of MFP's.

http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • drolla
    drolla Posts: 12
    Options
    there was another post about zumba earlier tonight, someone said to go to www.zumbacalories.com - you can log your weight and it will tell you how many :-)
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The average person burns around 500-800 calories in an hour of Zumba. My instructor uses a body bug and she burns around 900 calories per class ( her classes are pretty high-intensity)
    I'm put in that I burn around 500 calories per hour. I'd rather under estimate than over you know? But I actively compete with my instructor, and I almost never eat back more than half my exercise calories.
    So, I think you should put in a number around 400-500 that you feel comfortable with and recognize that you may be over/under estimating. Just be mindful when eating back your calories.
    If it really bothers you, get a body bug.
  • NPS1985
    NPS1985 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I added it to one of my execrcises. I have a calorie counter watch and the last time I did a 60 min Zumba class, I burned 900 cals.
  • LozzaMc
    LozzaMc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is zumba basically dancing madly to music? As we have a local dance fitness programme called Moky and it's amazing fun, constantly sweating throughout! lol But I was wondering what to log that as. I've been putting it in as 'Dancing, general', guess I've been under calculating it if it could count as aerobics.

If you go to youtube and search ' moky fit' you'll see example videos, to see if it compares and if I'm okay listing it as aerobics. I have to admit not really knowing what aerobics means.
  • lucythe
    lucythe Posts: 33
    Options
    Just enter zumba under cardio - the amount of minutes and it will calculate calories.
  • joggingalong2
    Options
    Thanks everybody your comments really helped!