Getting up and getting started....... AGAIN

Options
I've spent every last penny of my paycheck on food. Figures! Can't complain, as much as I loooove Taco bell, my cooking blows it out of the water. I've spent the last 3 years working two jobs. A year of it I worked AT LEAST 8 hours 7 days a week, and then slowly turned it into just 5 consecutive 13.5 hour shifts. I used this as an excuse, I pretty good one I still must admit. I didn't want to get up early and workout and I didn't want to come home and cook. Taco Bell and many other fast food restaurants and be my ally for years! Tuesday, the 23rd, will be a month since I quit the second job and start school the following Monday (Back to a two job schedule), I WILL NOT succumb to the busy schedule and the big butt again! The eating healthy is easy. Simple fix, spent all my money on groceries and I have nothing for the drive thru. The working out is the hard part. Trying to do it after work, as most articles state, is harder than getting up. You're tired and just want to relax. The getting up in the morning is just a difficult. I don't do mornings. We're like the opposite ends of a magnet! The only solution I can think of is asking my boyfriend to come over and taser me out of bed. Then he MUST run away! Kinda like ding dong ditch, but tase and ditch. I've read blogs about tips on getting up and everyone pretty much says the same thing, MAKE YOURSELF.... Yeah, ok! I've got a job where I've been late the 6 years, not something I proud of, but I unfortunately, and obviously lack the self control to get up in the morning. SOMEONE HELP ME....or loan me you taser for a few months!

Replies

• skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I thought getting up in the mornings and working out or doing it in the evening would be difficult, but once you force yourself into the schedule, you'll be cranky when you don't. I suggest starting out with walking once a day (pick a time of day) and work your way up from there. Of course, if you'd like me to bug you about your lifestyle change, feel free to friend me. Best of luck!
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    Can you take walks during breaks from work, etc. 15 minutes 4 times a day equals an hour of walking. Don't go from zero to 90 in one morning unless the taser idea works for you. Make some changes with the thought you will continue to improve. You are looking for life changes not tortures. Good luck on your journey. I am NOT a morning person either.
  • MarcelliaB
    Options
    I think you just need a little push thats all. Once you start doing it it will become natural to wake up at that time each morning. I get up at 5:45 AM each day M- F now on Saturdays i want to sleep in but "ding" 5:45 am without an alarm going off my eyes are wide open. Keep trying dont give up.