PMS...HELP!!!

Options
Any suggestions as to how to avoid those monthly "PMS cravings"??? I want it all! Chips, burgers, CHOCOLATE, fries, pickles,cookies, cake...etc etc...everything DELISH!! Please! someone...anyone...I am one desperate woman!

Replies

• coonhoundmom50
    coonhoundmom50 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm going through it right now and it's so tough! Tougher than when I wasn't watching calories but that's why I'm like I am now (heavy and clothes don't fit) so yes this will be hell for awhile. What I notice as long as I don't buy or make cakes, cookies and the "bad" stuff I will be ok and get through it but this pms is the worst. I'm finding when I get a "craving" I reach for packaged prepopped popcorn by Martin's Slenderpop. It's 140 calories for 5 cups of popcorn. That's insanely low in calories but great for fiber, like 4 grams/cup. So this is what's"getting me through" the tough times:
    Carnation breakfast essentials light start chocolate or vanilla packets (mix with 1/2 skim milk and 1/2 water)
    Popcorn
    Apple slices with 2tbsp peanut butter
    Romaine lettuce leaves and 1 tbsp. balsalmic vinagrette dressing
    Cheese cubes with herlocher's dipping mustard
    Have these ready in the fridge , ready to go when the moment strikes!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Budget some calories for it. Pickles are pretty low calorie if they help with your salt cravings. I find that a square of dark chocolate can be pretty satisfying; Ghirardelli individually wrapped squares are about 50-75 calories each depending on which flavor you get. I am such a fan of chocolate that I've even put chocolate syrup on toast...don't knock it til you've tried it. Hershey syrup is reasonably low calorie, and if the toast idea isn't your thing, it also goes well on some Halo Top. However, take all my advice with a grain of salt. I'm on my second Mirena and haven't had a period in about seven years, but I will save the IUD evangelizing for another time.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, pickles, halo top or the skinnycow ice creams are all lifesavers.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I get a couple days like this. When I'm in deficit, I bump my calories up to maintenance and find something that I both want and that is filling.

I also follow a weekly calorie goal so some days over and some under balance out. This is how I handle it at maintenance.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Allocate some calories for your treats. There's no point depriving yourself.

I'm about to order 1/2 lab fudge from a friend in my neighbourhood right now.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I really hope the OP figured this out some time in the last six years!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

Really? Again?? :tired_face: Because there haven't been eleventy million threads about PMS posted in the meantime.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Good lord, I didn't even look because I was only the second response. Never dawned on me that a PMS thread would be so empty.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Good lord, I didn't even look because I was only the second response. Never dawned on me that a PMS thread would be so empty.

No kidding.