Had 3 kids in 4 years and trying to get back in shape!

Options
Hi everyone,
I just had my last child, a girl!, at the end of September. I also have a 3 yr old and 1 yr old (both boys). Both my husband and I were active before kids, playing sports, outside activities like hiking and biking, we did crossfit for a bit before we moved (2 months after having my 2nd child, its been a busy few years). However now its so hard to be active with three littles especially if the weather is not nice and winter is coming. I joined the Ymca because they have childwatch but wasnt comfortable with the setup (all kids 0-5 yrs. old in same room with only 2 high school girls watching them, lots of choking hazards, etc.) maybe once my kids are older but not really a good option right now. So basically our eating habits suck and always have but since we were so active before we were able to burn it off. Being pregnant for most of the last 4 years gave me an 'excuse' to not watch what I'm eating and not be active (although especially with this last one I really was dog tired). Anyways I'm giving this app a try to try and keep myself accountable but am not sure about how to go about making or motivating friends so I figured I'd post my story and see if anyone else was in a similar boat.

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on the babe! <3 We also have a YMCA membership and use Childwatch, but I will agree that the staff tends to be younger more often than not. My youngest is three so I don't worry so much about him, but I don't know how much I would be comfortable leaving him if he was one. Shame, because it's super convenient. At least the hours are super flexible. Maybe you could trade off with your husband on going instead? It would be really nice to get out of the house without all of the littles!
  • donielle1313
    donielle1313 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I also have three little ones all under 2yrs old. Wow is it challenging to be anything but mommy..lol I also was very active before these little ones.(also have a 15yr old) a week before I found out I was already preg. With my twins I was running a half- marathon. Now.. I also just got a membership at the YMCA and I get about 30mins- maybe 40 in the gym.. Figure its better than nothing. Also I'm breastfeeding so trying to figure out if Im dieting okay enough to where I won't lose my supply. So girl I understand you position..lol I'm here anytime you wanna chat!!
  • ekchambe10
    ekchambe10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi coffee, unfortunately hubby isn't too confident with baby girl just yet or having all three by himself. But also timing is hard with work dinner and bedtime. We did get an elliptical so we can work out a bit at home, bit it's not quite the same as the gym :(

Donielle I am right there with you. I laughed out loud cause I did a half marathon 2 months preggers with my first and it was terrible, I died after mile 8 and wasn't sure I was going to finish! I'm also breastfeeding, when I used the lose it app before they had a breastfeeding 'exercise' so your calorie count would be adjusted for the day but I don't see that on here. Here I'm not logging any drinks and figuring it will even out between breastfeeding and drinks, not sure how legit that is. That being said if you're breastfeeding 2 you would need dou le calories and also way to go, that can't be easy! Do you take your kids to the Y with you when you go?
  • donielle1313
    donielle1313 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know I was preg. So once I finished the race I went to my parents (which was a few blocks away) and curled up on the couch and fell asleep for a few hours. Lol
    I also wished this app had a breastfeeding thing too. It lets you adjust your calorie intake but then it pre adjust your macros and sets them higher than you need which won't allow you to lose the weight. So this will be super helpful. Breastfeeding production:
    528- calorie
    50.4- carb
    7.2- protein
    31.2- fat
    I just add this to what they pre set for my weight loss and it goes over. The program will just remind you what your goals are..lol
    I laughed when you said you got an elliptical because I got a mini treadmill thinking somethings better than nothing. But its like when to workout.. Late- when your exhausted..noon-while they nap and you have to be super quiet or while they are awake and then your getting on and off, on and off..lol and my fiance isn't comfortable with the three kids either (baby is 3 months- twins are 19 months.) As for the YMCA I do leave my kids but ours is seperated newborns/toddlers. My only worry is when the older kids use the potty they leave the door open and if staff isn't watching i saw my daughter sneak in there.. I try and go early while older kids are in school and its quiet. I friend requested you.