I'm sick of being overweight!!!!

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm so sick of being overweight! I get up every day and dread picking out my clothes. I don't want to feel this way anymore. I want to be able to get up with energy, be excited to dress nice for work and be able to face the challenges of sitting at a desk all day. I get bored and eat and eat and eat. I've done well today so far (my first day with myfitnesspal). I'm a bit high on the calories and it's only 10:30am (EST). I'm hoping eventually I pick up on the many small meals per day opposed to a few larger meals. I'm a very picky eater and that is most of the reason I have a weight problem. If anyone has any advise for me please feel free. I'm open to any suggestions on how to change the way I live. How do I get around loving food and always wanting to stuff myself until I'm going to explode? I hate that feeling and yet I constantly do it. I don't want to be like this any more.

Replies

• MScaduto
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm so sick of being overweight! I get up every day and dread picking out my clothes. I don't want to feel this way anymore. I want to be able to get up with energy, be excited to dress nice for work and be able to face the challenges of sitting at a desk all day. I get bored and eat and eat and eat. I've done well today so far (my first day with myfitnesspal). I'm a bit high on the calories and it's only 10:30am (EST). I'm hoping eventually I pick up on the many small meals per day opposed to a few larger meals. I'm a very picky eater and that is most of the reason I have a weight problem. If anyone has any advise for me please feel free. I'm open to any suggestions on how to change the way I live. How do I get around loving food and always wanting to stuff myself until I'm going to explode? I hate that feeling and yet I constantly do it. I don't want to be like this any more.
  • babyhippo
    Options
    I was constantly eating out of boredom too.

My best advice is...plan your meals and snacks out in the morning. Then stick to it.

Get the junk food out of your house! I had to convince my children to hide all their V-tine candy in their bedrooms and DO NOT share with Mommy. and my "skinny" husband:angry: only eats junk at work, (he may have some stashed in his truck). But at least it's out of my sight.

If you find yourself getting bored. Drink a glass of water:drinker: and QUICKLY find something to do. Find a distraction.
  • krazykayzy
    krazykayzy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try to make all of your morning meals/snacks full of protein....it will help you feel fuller/not so hungry and hopefully prevent extra snacking!!
  • JENN225
    Options
    Hey MScaduto,

Welcome to MFP. As a fellow overweight person I can tell you from experience that this site is great. Not only will you have lots of support but, great advice and there will always be someone to listen. Just remember that we didn't get this way overnight and it will take time. I wish that I knew of a instant cure. If you find one please share with the rest of us. Until then good luck and take things one day at a time. What happen yesterday dosen't matter today!:smile:

Good luck and keep your head in the game. :smile: