Calling all mamas!!

Options
Hi ladies! I am 30 year old “new” mom. I have a 10 yo, an 8 yo and am currently three weeks post partum (beautiful baby boy born on 10/18/18) and I am seriously itching to get back into my pre baby body/routine. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for how to go about making sure that I don’t cause a drop in milk supply by increasing my activity levels and cutting back on caloric intake? As much as I want to get my physique back to where it was prior to becoming pregnant, I also want to make sure that I don’t create any hurdles for myself with nursing my newborn. 🤷🏻‍♀️xacnop7xm17j.jpeg

Replies

• StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the beautiful baby! At your 6 week post partum appointment your Dr will clear you for the exercises you can safely do. For now I would just stick to walking and getting the rest you need.
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well, it took me 3 months after my baby to actively try to lose weight, I ate at maintenance and let breastfeeding be my deficit. I breastfed for a year ...I just walked , nothing vigorous. I was not fit pre baby though...overweight and now I'm smaller than I was before I was pregnant.
    My milk supply was fine , you just need to make sure u drink plenty of water and eat about 1800
    Congrats and your baby boy hes adorable
  • kathryn_kidd_92
    kathryn_kidd_92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here! Before baby, I was overweight at 205 and had this delusion that I'd stick to the 20 lbs recommended. Sadly, I reached an unbelievable 244 lbs. When I weighed in at 2 weeks PP, I was 225 and here I am at 9 weeks PP at the same weight. Just a year ago I was 180 and it took so much work to get there. Trying to use the great feeling and cute clothes as an incentive, plus I want to be fit for my son and have the energy to keep up with him by the time he is able to walk! However, I have found myself constantly hungry-- and craving sweets, no less. Here in West Virginia in November, walking outdoors with baby in tow is not practical!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Beautiful baby. I agree with others. Don't try restricting calories or doing anymore exercise besides walking. Ask your dr at your 6 week check up whether you are cleared for doing exercise.
  • Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @AmandaLynn0810 Congrats. What a beautiful baby.
    I am going to suggest walking too. Take your baby in stroller and go for a Long walk once other kids are in school. It’s a very relaxing activity. You can enjoy music while walking (just be alert on road).
    I have lost weight some weight by just walking after my 2nd pregnancy.
    Watch your diet - avoid sugary treats and no overeating. Obviously you would be eating healthy. Drink enough water (I drank every time before and after feeding baby). That should take care of milk supply.
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. If walking outside where you live isn't possible, try walking in a mall. I'm from the Northeast and walkers go to the mall in the winter when it's too cold outside. Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!