Senior

Options
How many senior citizens are participating? I have trouble losing weight. It is such a slow process I get discouraged... ugh but keep on keeping on!

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Lots of us older folk on here. I am 63 and have lost 31 lbs so far. Keep going it gets easier. Lots of good advice on here if you hunt around.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,004 Member
    Options
    I found MFP at age 62 and with the help of the site and Women ages 50+, I lost over 50 pounds and have kept it off for years. Weight loss is possible if you make it a high priority and don't give up.
  • coyotespirit2
    coyotespirit2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to the community. I have been using My Fittness Pal for about 3 months. I am 68. I have lost 50 lbs. since January, and I need to lose another 60. I am hoping to learn my way around and make some friends.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 71 and yes it's harder but you need to keep with it, good luck you can do this.
  • dianemattson
    dianemattson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 79 & this time ( did this 5 years ago) it has been easier to count calories. My guy is on Keto ( not for me) This time I started @ 172 in September & now 149. I have not been in the 140's since I was a FA for UAL so I am very proud. Does help that we are both dieting. I have not been getting much exercise. I know from experience it is easier to lose than it is to keep it off!!!