No longer type 2!!!!

Options
Hey all; last year, June of 2017 I was 288lbs at 5'8" tall. Had just found out I had t2 diabetes. My A1C's were 12.2. By December 13th I had my A1C's down to 6.2 and my weight was at 215lbs with diet, exercise, insulin and two other medications. At that point my Dr. pulled me off all the meds and insulin. July of this year I'm at 178lbs 30" waist and my A1C'S are at 5.1.
Now I'm shooting for 20% body fat. I'm 43 years old, 44 in January. I'm getting my life back. My daughters are getting to know the life loving man their mother fell in love with, and my wife is getting the old younger me again. Drive forward!!!!
eor3951cj6v4.jpg
ol8sabijlgfg.jpg

Replies

• MusterQ
    MusterQ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great work mate, keep it up!
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Great news, congratulations! :)
  • surly2662
    surly2662 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats this gives me hope for me
  • ggenet2014
    ggenet2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That’s the way to do it!!
  • NateRite
    NateRite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow that’s awesome! I’m about in the same boat I lost 35lbs so far and on the verge of being taken off diabetic meds as well. Thanks for your story if you can do it I can as well 👍🏽💪🏽🙌🏽🏃🏽
  • _JustKev_
    _JustKev_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome. Thank you for sharing
  • petegoldberg
    petegoldberg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Way to go man. I was just diagnosed Type 2, found out because my life insurance renewal was declined. Can you run us through a summary of what you did to turn everything around? I've dropped 32 pounds over the past 2 years but it wasn't enough in time I guess. I'm desperately trying to avoid medications if I can, but any advice you can give would be appreciated!

thanks
    Pete.