Garlic Green Tea - Calming, Energy Balancing, and Appetite-Suppressing

mfpfreedomnow
mfpfreedomnow Posts: 52 Member
Who's stressed out?! If not now, then what about during the work week? I know I get very stressed out then and one of my favorite go-to's for killing cravings (mostly stress related--for instance, craving something sweet for a quick mood-lift however transient, lasting only minutes followed by an energy crash) is boiling water, and then allowing chopped garlic, a green tea bag and red pepper flakes to steep in a flask of the hot water for 3 to 5 minutes. I drink this throughout the day at the office, and I swear it stops me from eating anything at the office. Therefore, I save my appetite for when I get home, where I can finally sit down to a nice relaxing meal, rather than eating in uncomfortable office settings with, compared to home clothes, relatively uncomfortable office wear. So my advice is try the garlic green tea. Relax your body and bring a sense of equanimity back into your life with this amazing tea, and let me know how it's helped you or what other things you've tried to bring peacefulness to your body and mind at work.

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I love garlic and enjoy green tea but really couldn't imagine the garlic in my tea. I enjoy a cup of hot Kava tea to relax or a hot bath.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm glad you like it and it helps you, but it sounds totally gross to me lol.
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Why do you buy work wear that is uncomfortable?

I'm a tea fan but don't like the thought of garlic green tea.

I tried aloe vera green tea yesterday and that was lovely
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Not for me I'm afraid - either the garlic green tea, the not eating all day at work or the uncomfortable work clothes.

But people do all sorts of things that dont appeal to me personally - If it works for you, that's great!

Will pass on trying it myself though. ;););)
  • mfpfreedomnow
    Why do you buy work wear that is uncomfortable?

I'm a tea fan but don't like the thought of garlic green tea.

I tried aloe vera green tea yesterday and that was lovely

Gosh, thank you for asking about the uncomfortable office wear. And to be quite frank, I'd rather go to work in home clothes, but don't think walking around bra-less in an oversized night gown with socks and slippers would inspire much confidence at the office. So, I wear collared shirts, pants, belts, boots and formal shoes--all of which are relatively uncomfortable compared to socks and and night gowns. Yay to professionalism!
  • mfpfreedomnow
    smolmaus wrote: »
    I can't imagine my coworkers would appreciate me sipping from a flask of hot garlic water all day.

LOL, garlic breath!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    smolmaus wrote: »
    I can't imagine my coworkers would appreciate me sipping from a flask of hot garlic water all day.

LOL, garlic breath!

Garlic pores too... no thanks 🤢