Is HR required for fat loss?

Options
Despite being on a calorie deficit I feel like my fatloss stalled. I thought about my workout routine and I typically just lift moderate to heavy weights for 10-15 reps. But I realized my muscles are worked out but my HR is pretty calm?

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    HR is a bad indicator of calories burned. It is sorta kinda okay for steady state cardio like running but is completely useless for lifting. It has some benefit for cardio training but that has little to do with calories.

Also, lifting burns few calories. If you are not losing your are either eating more than you think or burning less than you think. Make sure you entries are accurate.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You don’t have to exercise at all to lose weight so no your heart rate doesn’t matter. If you want to burn more calories to create a bigger deficit then you could consider adding in some cardio to your workout routine.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    No, it's not. Exercise of any form isn't required for weight loss.

If you think you've stalled, refocus on your logging and tracking, and make sure your expectations are in check.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    No, it's not. Exercise of any form isn't required for weight loss.

If you think you've stalled, refocus on your logging and tracking, and make sure your expectations are in check.

This is usually the issue and fortunately is the simplest to fix. Always a good place to start.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    All that's required for weight loss is to consume less calories than you expend - by whatever means one chooses to accomplish that.
  • starberrii
    starberrii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lol 😂
  • starberrii
    starberrii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input , I’ll adjust my calories and start from there