Sugar=my enemy!

Options
So I'm staying on track with calories but I'm going over in sugar a little bit...is that a huge deal or is it mainly the calories I wanna stay under?

Replies

• StormieJ18
    StormieJ18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Alright thanks I'm new to this. So what if I'm going over calorie intake? I dont wanna do that but I want to eat at least that much then?
  • Phoebe5164
    Phoebe5164 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes , eating too little is as detrimental to your weight loss as too much ( in my opinion), give your body the fuel it needs to give you energy 🌸

I really cut out obvious sugar because I don’t like how it makes me feel .
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Alright thanks I'm new to this. So what if I'm going over calorie intake? I dont wanna do that but I want to eat at least that much then?

You MFP number includes your daily calorie deficit - if you set it for 1 lb loss per week, it's a 500 calorie a day deficit (1000 calories for 2 lbs per week, and 250 calories for 1/2 lb per week).

If you are going over, but are still within your deficit, you'll still lose, but it might be a little less than your target. If you go over and eat your entire deficit, you would neither gain nor lose, and if you go way over, you have the potential to gain weight. But your deficit happens over the course of a week, so you would have to be eating over target consistently to end up maintaining or gaining weight.

If you find yourself eating over your goal frequently, you may be too aggressive with your weight loss goal. 2 lbs per week is recommend for people with 75+ lbs to lose; anything less than that, you're looking at around 1 lb to lose per week or less. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it adds up, and you won't be miserable when trying to lose weight. And if you gained one pound per week, you'd certainly think that was a lot, so losing one pound a week is actually really good.
  • StormieJ18
    StormieJ18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!