Lower right abdomen spasm/pain instantly?

Options
Hi all, 2 years ago i was boxing 4 times a week and had no pain etc apart from ofcourse muscle fatigue after a hard workout. I had a rough bout and since then have ended up with a shaking feeling constantly in my body along with other random muscle jumps etc. If i try and do anything like a snake bend/lower ab situps etc. I get an instant agonising cramp where it visibly yanks upwards for 20 seconds while i squeal like a child until it passes. I occasionally get a milder version when walking but that''s probably 2-3 times a month i notice it. I gained 2 stone in weight since my boxing issue and wonder if visceral fat could be a reason behind it but it just seems strange its on one side. I get the common muscle fatigue in all other ares of my abdomen but lower right side is viscious. I have went to hundreds of dr appointments and they say its probably muscular but im begging for a neurologist (for the shaking issue) to no avail. I have paid privately for a physio and she told me to do planks and bridges to try and strengthen the area but it doesn't seemed to have helped( i probably haven't give it my all though ). Its rather miserable being me right now and constantly feeling like my body is under stress without a reason why. I just dont see how i can go from doing 4 boxing sessions a week with many many core workouts to not being able to do 10 without insane cramping in that side. I don't know where else to turn so i'm praying someone might have lived a similar situation and got out the other side. I am currently 19 stone 4. I was 20 stone 2 weeks ago and decided enough is enough. When i was fit and able i was 17 stone 10 roughly. Thanks in advance and i greatly would appreciate any advice even if it helps me to have hope.

Replies

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the "rough bout", meaning you had a rough boxing workout? someone beat up on you, sparing? or a rough bout mentally? I don't really have an answer, but if it had anything to do with the boxing, and/or your workout, them I would think it is muscular or something was "banged up" inside?
  • thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It was a sparring session that led to alt of issues. I got hit hard on the head several times although blocked it kinda rocked me. Dr thought i was concussed, considering i boxed for 2 more rounds and didnt go down or get knocked out at all etc. I dont see how i was... But its since then really
  • thatch1234
    Options
    But i didnt take anything sinister to the body
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weight gain can cause all sorts of issues just because your body aligns differently, moves differently, has more physical stress on it etc. You could also have some scar tissue in the area. I doubt you're going to find a specific reason for the issue. I'm not sure why you have to increase from 4 to 10 boxing sessions per week, but if that's your goals, get there gradually adding 1 session every 2-4 weeks. Work on losing the extra weight at the same time and maybe everything will work together to help you feel and function better.
  • thatch1234
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Weight gain can cause all sorts of issues just because your body aligns differently, moves differently, has more physical stress on it etc. You could also have some scar tissue in the area. I doubt you're going to find a specific reason for the issue. I'm not sure why you have to increase from 4 to 10 boxing sessions per week, but if that's your goals, get there gradually adding 1 session every 2-4 weeks. Work on losing the extra weight at the same time and maybe everything will work together to help you feel and function better.

SOrry that was badly written i mean im not able to do 10 situps** without the immediate cramp
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I don't have any solutions to offer, however I feel your pain. I have intense muscle spasms myself. It sucks, but they pass in a relatively short period of time. It just feels like forever when it happens.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    Chronic appendicitis?