Completing a diary

Options
Hello. I have been using this app for a couple of weeks now and for the most part I do like it.
However I don't think I have ever been able to complete my food diary. I know I have calories leftover, they are mostly from the calorie adjustment for my exercise/movement's tracked by my fitbit and some I enter manually. I do not want to eat those extra calorie, to me thats defeating the purpose of exercising and burning them off.
Is there something in settings or somewhere I can't find to turn the message that pops up when I try to complete it? I'm not starving myself I eat balanced meals and snacks and stay comfortably full all day but since I can not complete the food diary I just get empty progree reports and they are something I'd like to read and keep.
Thanks and have a great afternoo

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The warning is trying to stop you from harming your health.

I like your motto on your profile "Time to get healthy!!!" - what a great ambition, please don't undermine your health by malnourishing yourself.

Over restriction may trigger your previous BED too.
  • KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Do you need to eat back all of the exercise calories or can you eat back half? Sorry to hijack but its related to this post.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Do you need to eat back all of the exercise calories or can you eat back half? Sorry to hijack but its related to this post.

Watch the video linked above.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It means you're not eating enough...

Also, the MFP is designed for you to eat back exercise calories considering your calorie target is a weight loss target assuming ZERO exercise. If you're eating so low that MFP won't let you complete your diary then you are indeed starving your body because you're netting below 1,000 calories...that's the kind of thing anorexics and exercise bulimics do and MFP won't promote that behavior.

Actually I just entered some numbers in to test this. Even though I had entered that I netted sub 600 calories it still allowed me to close it, because I had entered eating over 1200. So that means OP is eating less than 1000 calories. Nutritionally speaking, very unhealthy.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Goofyjax wrote: »
    Hello. I have been using this app for a couple of weeks now and for the most part I do like it.
    However I don't think I have ever been able to complete my food diary. I know I have calories leftover, they are mostly from the calorie adjustment for my exercise/movement's tracked by my fitbit and some I enter manually. I do not want to eat those extra calorie, to me thats defeating the purpose of exercising and burning them off.
    Is there something in settings or somewhere I can't find to turn the message that pops up when I try to complete it? I'm not starving myself I eat balanced meals and snacks and stay comfortably full all day but since I can not complete the food diary I just get empty progree reports and they are something I'd like to read and keep.
    Thanks and have a great afternoo

You are consuming less than 1000 calories plus working out. Yes, you are starving yourself of much needed nutrition and calories to be healthy.
  • KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Makes sense to me.. about to enjoy some extras!
  • Goofyjax
    Goofyjax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've found that if i eat all the calories MFP has determined i need for the day and some of the calories from any exercises i get to do then i can complete my diary.