5 week weight after completing diary

Just wondering if anyone has really reached their 5 week prediction? Of course it says "if everyday were like today" and that is not possible to have all your days be the same, but just wondering if you have or usually come close to the predictions? Thanks!

Replies

• siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Not me. Plus, every day it gives me a different guess anyway!
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    I use that bit of information to judge how fast I'm losing weight. Yes, I know the progress line chart shows me the loss over time, but the future projection focuses me on the short term potential rate of loss.

Enough has been written about the risks of losing too quickly, and so I take that number, divide it by 5 and look for an answer that is less than 2.0. If I'm at 2.0 or higher, my plan is to increase my calories to slow it down.
  • empressjasmin
    empressjasmin Posts: 170 Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I stopped doing the complete diary thing when I found that it was unnecessary and the "You'll be this weight" thing to be inaccurate and really annoying.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Danp wrote: »
    I stopped doing the complete diary thing when I found that it was unnecessary and the "You'll be this weight" thing to be inaccurate and really annoying.
    It’s about as accurate as using a Magic 8 Ball, or throwing a dart at a dartboard. Or maybe having a Ouija Board seance with the weight loss fairy. :D
  • I lose much faster than the prediction it gives me and maintain when it says I will gain...
  • empressjasmin
    I lose much faster than the prediction it gives me and maintain when it says I will gain...

I need your secrets!!!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Just wondering if anyone has really reached their 5 week prediction? Of course it says "if everyday were like today" and that is not possible to have all your days be the same, but just wondering if you have or usually come close to the predictions? Thanks!

When I was losing weight, it under-estimated my loss. I usually hit the 5-week estimate in about 3.5 weeks. :)

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    I think it is fun to see, but I don't take it serious!
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    I like it as a general idea of how I did that day, but don't consider it anything too reliable long term.
  • empressjasmin
    When I was losing weight, it under-estimated my loss. I usually hit the 5-week estimate in about 3.5 weeks. :)

[/quote]

I need your secrets as well!! Lol
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    I think it is fun to see, but I don't take it serious!

While I understand that the prediction may be inaccurate (especially when I see a lower weight from a day of walking more steps than usual, or not eating back most of my exercise calories) it does motivate me to keep going. I imagine myself reaching the five week projected weight and it helps me stay determined to keep logging and to stay within my calorie/macro goals.