New to MFP Premium

Options
Hi, I'm Linda, age 68, ovarian cancer survivor and newly diagnosed with Type 2 (adult onset) diabetes to be controlled with diet and exercise--so you can see why I'm interested in a healthy lifestyle. Seems that those who enjoy a "durable remission" with ovarian are those who take very good care of themselves. I have recently retired, am looking forward to a new grandson in December, and plan to enjoy life as we had planned it before my cancer diagnosis (June 2017).

Though I've used MFP for quite some time, I'm new to MFP Premium--on the free trial to discern whether or not I need Premium. Any comments pro or con?

Also, is there a way to connect my FitBit Charge II to my premium MyFitnessPal account? Or a way to at least log it manually? I don't carry my iPhone everywhere. It would be encouraging to see how much exercise I'm really getting!

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I can't help with your questions, unfortunately, but best of luck to you! :)
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You can definitely link fitbit to mfp. On Android you go to Settings > My Apps & Devices, then find Fitbit and select Connect. I assume there will be similarly named menu option on the iPhone app too. I have negative calories turned on too, so that it shows up the days I've been particularly inactive too.

As for premium pretty much the only thing I find of use is the ability to have different percentage macros for exercise calories vs normal calories. I increase the % of carbs for exercise calories, as that's usually what I need. (I have set my base protein levels fairly high anyway so decrease the % for exercise cals). Beyond that, can't say I personally particularly use the premium features so won't be paying for them.
  • lhoodhicks
    lhoodhicks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will try that!