Attempting Keto and Intermittent Fasting

Options
I started keto and intermittent fasting at the beginning of this month. I meal prep which helps me stick with the diet but I struggle with cravings. Although I get bored with my food options, I am loving the results so far.

I am currently obese and my first goal is to lose 50lbs. I am interested in meeting people who are also doing keto to get some tips and stay motivated.

Replies

• NishaJoyClint
    NishaJoyClint Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So I’m not doing keto but I am doing intermittent fasting and just counting my calories.
  • mrnedburns
    mrnedburns Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goal. Stay focused and you will hit it faster than you would have thought possible. I've done an 18 month calorie deficit in the past and burned over a hundred pounds off. I gained some back during my wife's pregnancy / newborn care and am back on the deficit. This time around I'm using intermittent fasting to limit calorie intake to 6-8 hours of the day. For me it's 11:30am-6:30ish. It has completely broken my cravings. Previously it took tremendous willpower, now there is just no craving and I actually have to work to hit my calorie minimum within the consumption window. It makes no sense to me but that's how it has worked out.