Fitness DVD's

Options
I am currently on Day 16 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I've really enjoyed it, and find that I even with 2 small kids I can find time to do it just about every day. I'm looking for suggestions for what to do next. I'm definitely looking for a workout that can help me burn fat (particularly the leftover baby paunch!) while helping to tone muscle. Any suggestions are welcomed!

Replies

• Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30. It's also by Jillian micheals and it's set up the same way as 30 day shred, but think it's more of an intense workout
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The only workout DVDs I've ever stuck with are P90X. I highly recommend them.
  • Revcminor
    Options
    Beth Chamberlain's Kettle Bell DVD's are good!
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme is a great workout for burning fat and adding muscle. I'm on round 2 right now. First time I lost 15lbs, 2 pant sizes, and gained definition in my chest and arms.
  • TawandaTheAmazon
    Options
    Definitely look into "Insanity" if you're looking to kill off belly fat. It's a short workout, which is perfect for those of us with horrendous schedules, and the results are pretty remarkable if you're consistent. Fair warning - it's probably the hardest cardio workout I've ever pushed through!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lots of free stuff (full length workouts too!) on ExerciseTV.com (Comcast OnDemand has this channel also).

Hulu.com has full length videos on their Health & Fitness channel.

collagevideo.com is a great place to watch video clips & read reviews on various videos. This will help you sort thru what's advanced, high impact, equipment used, etc. ..... great resource.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    well I'm doing Billy Blanks Basic Bootcamp half the week and 30DS the other half...then i was gonna move on to Zumba and then P90X
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    Insanity. It will kick your butt cardio-wise and build lean muscle. Everything in it works more than one body part at a time so it is a bit shorter and easy to squeeze in but that doesn't make it easy! The second month is a serious effort. Good Luck!
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's Inside Out Method DVDs are also good (though they're a bit longer at ~1 hour each). There are currently 3 of his that I rotate (cardio, strength (calisthenics), and his Ripped Core workout) and then I also mix in Ripped in 30 at night, since exercising at night helps me sleep.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The only workout DVDs I've ever stuck with are P90X. I highly recommend them.

I have not tried these, but my daughter has been doing them and they have noticably good things for her body. And she was already thin and in shape. She's been doing Zumba for years and one of the JM DVD - 30DS (I think). She said the weight work was pretty hard but she really like it.
  • lframent
    lframent Posts: 33
    Options
    I just bought 30-Day Shred and I did the first level today! It was really good even without weights (I left mine in my mum's car). I can't wait to get more into it and see what kinds of results come of it.

Two other good ones:
    - The Biggest Loser Workout DVD (warm-up and cool-down, low-intensity cardio, high-intensity cardio, strength & sculpt, and boot camp segments), in which you train with Bob
    - The Last Chance Workout DVD (warm-up and cool-down, upper body sculpt, lower body tone, last chance workout), in which you train with Jillian

Those are the only two workout DVDs I have used thus far, besides starting 30-Day Shred and I've seen great results. I started using the first one in January when I weighed 150 lbs. I am now 128 lbs and have made my own workout plan tailored to fit my own needs and occasionally (at least once a week) choose one or multiple workouts from those and incorporate them into my daily workout.

Also, if you like having an instructor there to guide you along (I like this better because I feel more motivated when others are doing the same things, we-are-all-in-this-together kind of thing), try taking an aerobics course! I do Jazzercise with my mum and it's a great cardio workout as well as for strength training. I've also heard really good things about Zumba, but I haven't tried it yet.

Hope all is well and good-luck! x
  • koritsi56
    Options
    I try to vary Jillian Michael's 30 day shred part 1 one day, sometimes just part 2, then I have a couple of power plates sessions (don't really know if it works, but it hurts) and then Rosemary Conley Salsacise. The latter is gentler than Jillian but I am usually more out of breath if I do it properly .
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    I would suggest Jillian Michaels - Ripped in 30 after you complete the 30 Day Shred! Good luck :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Fire. I am almost done. Down 9lbs since starting (and I haven't been strict with my diet) and an excellent improvement in tone. My stomach looks awesome.
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump, for later
  • FitMom40
    FitMom40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned earlier that Collagevideo is a great resource. I like Cathe Friedrich videos -- especially her HIIT 30/30.