Haven't lost any weight

Options
2»

Replies

• heatherhicksfakih
    heatherhicksfakih Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You may simply need to eat more... and that includes those exercise calories. Never eat less than net unless you question the validity of the exercise calories MFP calculated for you... for me, I make sure I eat at least half my exercise calories back and have lately been eating more than half. I am only about a week into eating those exercise cals and it seems to be working for me. When the scale was not budging despite religiously eating my 1200 allotted calories and exercising daily I realized that since I wasn't eating those exercise cals I had pushed my net cals down to around 800 or 900 which was basically starving myself. No wonder I could't lose! Feel free to take a peak at my food/exercise diary if you want as I have it open. Good luck - you can do this!

***this is excellent advice "nginerick". I just learned that the 1000 I was burning in exercise I had to eat back. It sounds crazy, but it you match what they say you should with NET it will work. So for example, if you have to 1550 calories to lose weight simply by eating and you do say...500 calories of excercise, your calorie in take is 1050 calories for the day. You must eat back the 500 calories to bring your total amount back to net. Hope this helps, took me a few days of reading and posting and speaking to a trainer to finally get this figured out. Good luck.******
  • Maxbjd
    Maxbjd Posts: 14
    Options
    Nope do not eat more that is not the answer but analyze what you eat.
    Im finding that many people on here are not eating enough protein.
    Try a vegetarian Soy blend with Almond milk and fruit....blend away.
    This is a good meal replacement ... I have one every morning. Whole Foods has a good line.
    I also have a whey protein shake after my workout at night but thats to add more mass.
    Looks like you are doing tons of cardio but I thnk some weight training is in order here.
    Get on Bodybuilding.com and find a good slimming routine.
    Typically, low weight high reps and circuit training is ideal for increasing muscle tone while losing the fat.
    Cut the carbs! Add the protein and good things will happen!
  • 63Lynn
    63Lynn Posts: 8
    Options
    It sounds like you have maintained a healthy lifestyle for most of your life. Are you at a healthy BMI? It could be that you've reached your ideal body weight. My understanding is that some of this is dependent on genetics. You may have to get creative to loose more. There is a good article here: http://exercise.about.com/od/weightloss/ss/notlosingweight.htm

Thanks for the article Jack. Very interesting. I am at the top of my BMI and ideal weight range. According to the ideal weight calculation I should weigh 134 lbs. My initial goal is to loose 12 lbs which is only 1 lb short of taking me there. What I did learn through that article is I need to consistently shake up my workouts every 4 -6 weeks. I have not been doing that ... So I'm going to start!
    Thanks again!! :smile:
  • 63Lynn
    63Lynn Posts: 8
    Options
    You may simply need to eat more... and that includes those exercise calories. Never eat less than net unless you question the validity of the exercise calories MFP calculated for you... for me, I make sure I eat at least half my exercise calories back and have lately been eating more than half. I am only about a week into eating those exercise cals and it seems to be working for me. When the scale was not budging despite religiously eating my 1200 allotted calories and exercising daily I realized that since I wasn't eating those exercise cals I had pushed my net cals down to around 800 or 900 which was basically starving myself. No wonder I could't lose! Feel free to take a peak at my food/exercise diary if you want as I have it open. Good luck - you can do this!

***this is excellent advice "nginerick". I just learned that the 1000 I was burning in exercise I had to eat back. It sounds crazy, but it you match what they say you should with NET it will work. So for example, if you have to 1550 calories to lose weight simply by eating and you do say...500 calories of excercise, your calorie in take is 1050 calories for the day. You must eat back the 500 calories to bring your total amount back to net. Hope this helps, took me a few days of reading and posting and speaking to a trainer to finally get this figured out. Good luck.******

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to eat more and see what happens!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    are you eating your exercise calories? If not you will have trouble losing. Enter your question in the search section above and get the answer.
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

this may be a dumb question...but what does it mean to eat exercise calories? I don't think I'm doing that...but my intention is to work off what I eat...not eat what i workoff...right?