165 down from 250

Replies

• TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    That is awesome!! We have almost the exact same loss if you include before MFP! Feels amazing doesn’t it?
  • xgxdxbx
    xgxdxbx Posts: 17 Member
    That is awesome!! We have almost the exact same loss if you include before MFP! Feels amazing doesn’t it?

I absolutely LOVE it!
    Congrats to you, Team N Steve!
  • karamartin5331
    karamartin5331 Posts: 1 Member
    You look great! And like you crossfit!
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    You look so healthy, and what a success. I, too, love Tito's. It's great with ICE sparkling water and has no calories. I don't mind the artificial sweetener, but I know many don't care for it.
  • haas311
    haas311 Posts: 1 Member
    Nice job and best of luck in your continued success. :)
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    xgxdxbx wrote: »
    Thanks again, everyone!

shiitaco wrote: »
    This is great to see. I'm hoping to follow pretty much exactly in your footsteps...5'8" and started at 250 eight weeks ago, now down to 230. Would be really happy just breaking 200 for the first time in a decade, but 170 is the ultimate goal.

From past experience, it's easy to get in the right mindset for 1-2 months, harder to sustain. Did you struggle with that in the past, or was this your first serious attempt to lose it? Anything click differently this time around?

Also you mentioned you drink beer, but did you change your boozing habits at all? That's tough if drinking is a big part of your social life, especially when everyone is knocking back 200 calorie IPAs.

Anyway congrats man, looking healthy.

I definitely had to cut back on my beloved beer and only had a few with the pizza. I did however discover “Truly”, which is a 100 calorie sparkling water with 5% alcohol and only traces of sugar and carbs. It’s perfect for when you get those “I could use a drink” moments.
    When out with friends, I switched from beer to vodka. Specifically, Titos and soda with a lemon and lime. 90 calories.
    I’m definitely a social drinker, so it was an adjustment. It’s funny though, because once I got into a great routine, I would naturally think “I can’t have too many.. I need to wake up early for the gym!” That was a great feeling.
    To answer your question, I struggled with weight in jr high, but leaned out in high school and college. Started to gain after college again, and kept it “under control” for the most part, never going much over 200. This last round was my heaviest. It felt like every time I would step on the scale, it was going up a pound or two. I finally said enough is enough. I miss feeling like myself, and a small part of vanity also kicked in. I wanted to look good! Haha so once I committed to starting, I made a deal with myself that I would do it consistently for one year. After that, I’d let my conscience guide me. Well.. here I am, going into month 11 and I love the results, and have no intention on quitting the gym. I just regret waiting so long, but; I’m here now, at that’s all I have control over.

Good luck! You got this!

Feel free to friend me on here if you want.

I'm glad that you mentioned vanity, because deep down even though I know the health benefits outweigh the outward appearance part, I definitely am looking forward to looking as good on the outside as I will feel inside. It sounds so selfish when I admit it to myself, but it doesn't sound so bad coming from others.
  • whb2015
    whb2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Great job! Really inspiring. I started Tuesday at 221. If I can get to 180; then I will set another goal. Same height as you 5'7''.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Smokin' hot! Congratulations!
  • SamFitness12
    SamFitness12 Posts: 7 Member
    Good job, great work , I need to start my journey too
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    those arms...so lovely
  • daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 87 Member
    “I can’t have too many.. I need to wake up early for the gym!” That was a great feeling
    I have the same feeling, I am 53 and hangovers last longer. Long runs or gym workouts feel better.
    great work
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 153 Member
    You look great! You should be very proud!
  • Amazing transformation.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    I'm glad that you mentioned vanity, because deep down even though I know the health benefits outweigh the outward appearance part, I definitely am looking forward to looking as good on the outside as I will feel inside. It sounds so selfish when I admit it to myself, but it doesn't sound so bad coming from others.[/quote]

Not selfish! I think that most people here, want to be healthy, but also want to look good and feel good about themselves. Health is wonderful... Self confidence is amazing!

@xgxdxbx Great Job!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Please share pictures once the lifting demonstrates results!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Still one of my favorite success stories! Glad to see an update!
  • lindasuedue
    lindasuedue Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2019
    You look great, beautiful eyes, beautiful smile. May your life be long, happy and healthy. :)
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member
    Walking is insanely beneficial, especially in the beginning.
    Lost 35 pounds alone in 6 months by doing around 100km a week walking, aiming for different neighbourhoods and at specific speeds (8min/km, etc).

Awesome job man!
  • xgxdxbx
    xgxdxbx Posts: 17 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Please share pictures once the lifting demonstrates results!
    3dldo78cbsqe.jpeg
    ce30dmozejsp.jpeg

These are my two favorites!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!