Disney - what's a must?

Options
breezysoul
breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
My family and I (kids are 5 and 9) are going to Disney World in June. Any suggestions on what we HAVE to do?

Replies

• breezysoul
    Options
    My family and I (kids are 5 and 9) are going to Disney World in June. Any suggestions on what we HAVE to do?
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I've only been to Disneyland, so I am not sure how different it is from Disney World. Do the whole shebang!!!
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Skip MGM studios. I remember it being a bust. Obviously do animal planet, and the Magic Kingdom.
  • shealynfpowell
    Options
    The character meals are so much fun. I remember when I was like 12 going to a Princess breakfast at the castle. It was a blast to get the characters autographs and take pictures.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    do you have a girl?
  • cloverluv
    Options
    Make sure you do the fast pass. Otherwise you will be waiting in lines most of the day.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    oh my god i looooove going their. my family used to go every three years. you have to have to do Animal Kingdom and Magic! also while your their you should stop and do Seaworld ( not connected to Disney) I thought MGM was fun....but only a few good rides versus the many at the other two parks. I loved tower of terror and rockin roller coaster.......at the Magic you have to do splash mt and thunder and space. hit all the mt rides lol.

man i wish i was going. take me with you!!!!!!!

ps. do haunted mansion, pirates, snow white, dumbo, ...other park, the new ride ( i think its journey to mt everest), and dinosaur are my fav!!
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    fastpast.....

your so lucky! have fun!
  • rintin88
    rintin88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been to Disney World quite a few times(will actually be going there at the end of may!) and my fav park is still Magic Kingdom, it has the most rides. The Animal Kingdom is also a lot of fun, if you go there def do the safari ride in the morning because thats when the animals will be out! You can combine Epcot and MGM studios in the same day. As far as the water parks go, Blizzard Beach is really fun and has a lot of interesting slides. Have fun!:happy:
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Be sure to look into character meals, where you dine and different Disney Characters come by your table and visit throughout your dining experience. When you book it they usually reserve a time. The best is to have a late lunch, ( price is lower ) and it breaks up your day in the parks. I took my nephew to a character breakfast years ago, he was about 8 at the time, never went into one of the parks. He is 18 now, and swears hes been to Disney World. have fun!!
  • breezysoul
    Options
    do you have a girl?

My 9 year old is a girl.
  • cloverluv
    Options
    Then I must suggest the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique. I took my 3 year old and my 14 year old babysitter and they had a blast. You can go for the whole gettup (which I did for my 3 year old) or just the hair. They are able to pick which princess they want to look like and they really do a great job.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I've been 4 times, in fact we have a time share there. You're kids are at a great age!Universal Studios is for a bit older I think. Send away for a package online, you'll get a movie of the parks, coupons and all! At this age I'd do the Disney parks if you think you'll get back there. Islands of Adventure is definetly for older kids., but our favorite park. Seaworld is awesome, they have a new waterpark opening. Discovery Cove is expensive but amazing. I did it twice. Once alone, once with my youngest. We did the big "Trainer of the Day" package. It was worth it! My husband and I deep sea fished-fun!!! Great deals on right now that's for sure! Should be good line ups too, I heard they had to lay people off! Disney used to let you bring you're own food in, but I'm not sure anymore. We had a thermal backpack. Epcot was a let down for us, but we like crazy rides. I thinks younger kids may get bored, but it depends what you like.On a Disney website, I found an area where people made suggestions on what to bring, etc. It helped the first time. Busch Gardens in Tampa is amazing! My 17 yr old son and I went on a safari and fed giraffes up close. They leaned in the open back of the truck where we were-got amazing pics!! My only advice is, if you can afford it, is don't skrimp. I bought beautiful frames, and shirts, etc. More expensive in the parks, but not crap!! We're heading back next year, now you have me excited to go!!:flowerforyou: Enjoy the parades with your littles ones. Animal Kingdom is awesome!
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Aw, have tons of fun! I was there for the first time about 7 1/2 years ago and all I remember is the Tower of Terror.. the name says it all but soooo much fun!

We were suppose to go this Spring but I'm pregnant.. no fun going to Disney if ya can't enjoy the rides right? So.. the family trip has been posponed for next year.

Have TONS of fun!:flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    My husband says not to forget to try a smoked turkey leg at the parks. Filled the kids up too-HUGE!. Buy a collector cup for the family, refills are cheaper throughout the day! Wear a fanny pack so your arms are free, put money etc. in a baggie as you will get wet. We bought disposable cameras for the kids to take their own pics. Interesting to see what they were intigued with!
  • mburris
    Options
    Character Breakfast. I loved Cinderella's Dinner at the Grand Floridian. You will also enjoy the Aloha Dinner Show, the food is awesome as well as the show. Bibbi Boutique is great. Your little girl will feel like a princess. I am a Mickey Mouse fanatic. I love Disney as much as my little girl. Get the dining pass. It is well worht it. We couldn't eat all the food. I love Magic Kingdom the best!!!:wink:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Typhoon Lagoon is great. Go swimming with the sharks and rays
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    we were there in Sept. also 5 & 9 year olds. your little one won't be able to go on some rides, but we had a big group, so he would hang with someone who didn't want to go on a ride, so me and dh were able to go on with our 9yo. (who was quite daring!)
    buy a photograph book here and pack it.
    I also bought a backpack (Outside baby) that had a cooler attached to the bottom and the top kept reg. stuff. so we carried all our passes, phone, money, camera, a squeegie towel, water, snacks. My husband would carry that. Get a stroller. Worth it. The kids get a little pooped by the end of the day.

Hollywood studios...
    Toy Story Midway Mania (4-D) was the BEST ride, we had so much fun. We had to wait in line, but it was sooo worth it!
    Rock n Roller Coaster
    Tower of Terror
    The kids actually like one this out of all the parks.

Epcot
    Mission Space, Test Track, Soarin, the Ellen Degeneres ride was pretty good too. the Nemo one was kinda lame.

Magic Kingdom
    Pirates of the caribbean, Big thunder, Monsters inc., space mountain, stitch (kinda scared my 5yo, cause you're in the dark)
    sit near the beginning of the street for the parade (where the rotary is) Prince charming winked at me! haha
    splash mountain... don't do first, you'll regret it!
    buzz lightyear space ranger (fun!)
    haunted mansion
    and the racecars

Animal Kingdom
    safari ride, Bug Life 3-D (very cool), Expedition Everest

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot! but, when you get there, go left, instead of right where most people go, you'll have less traffic!
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Rock n Roller Coaster was AWESOME!!!!

I was pregnant with my 1st when I got on that (didn't know at the time)
    Oh, I was pregnant when I got on the Tower of Terror (didn't know at the time.. same time)