Whats the most you've 'gained' over night?

Options
I had friends round last night and we had pizza and wine with lemonade. So im a gassy bloated mess this morning with a whopping 4kg increase on the scales haha! No stress, its water and carbs sitting in my very happy stomach :)
What about you?

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I think it's also around 4kg for me.

Girl's night out + TOM + new medication notorious for water retention + changes in my work out routine.

It was epic!

Stuck around for 2 months (due to the medication) and left with a flounce + an added kg loss 2 weeks after I was allowed to stop the meds :tongue:
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I think it's also around 4kg for me.

Girl's night out + TOM + new medication notorious for water retention + changes in my work out routine.

It was epic!

Stuck around for 2 months (due to the medication) and left with a flounce + an added kg loss 2 weeks after I was allowed to stop the meds :tongue:

Meds are murder for that! But how lovely!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    About 9lbs. Lovely combinations of DOMS, TOM, Alcohol & Sodium heavy food.

I'd done a 22km rowing race and then had a 3 course meal and drinks til 6am to celebrate, all whilst dealing with shark week bloat. But then I had an 8lbs drop about 2 days later and a further 2lbs off after that.
  • MHarper522
    MHarper522 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    About 10 pounds. I retain water like crazy when I have arthritis flares. I found out I couldn't have gluten recently, thanks to my new doctor's hunch and the medical tests he ordered as a result. The flares and the water retention has been a bit more under control since then.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    8 pounds after my most recent half marathon. It was all water retention from the intense exercise, and undigested post-race meal.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    10 lbs with DOMS and TOM. 15 lbs after a long flight.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    8 pounds. Sodium plus TOM plus DOMS, bad combo.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    6 lbs was my largest amount from one day to the next.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    6 pounds. Was on a hike that was *hot*, and overdid the sodium.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    13lb, combination of ToM and my first ever half marathon
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    11lb just from water retention after eating Chinese food
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    11lb just from water retention after eating Chinese food

Wowsers
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think it was 13lb. but it was gone withing a couple days.
    I'm always carb depleted, so when i do decide to indulge even a little bit and i get carbs in, the weight of the water make me gain. I'm never worried about it and doesn't happen often. 2-3lb gain happen often, but i always correct it.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    7 pounds after a high sodium meal with a few adult beverages in combination with DOMS. Took a week to settle back down.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    About 6 pounds. Mostly during TOM since i tend to have more salty foods.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I think 16-18lbs was my biggest fluctuation. 2 days ago I woke up at 194 and then yesterday woke up at 183 lol. My weight fluctuates a lot
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    12 pounds from morning to evening when I had surgery recently. Was still 12 pounds the next morning and then slowly started back down. Took about a week to mostly come off.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    7 pounds (when I weighed around 155). Super high sodium meal preceded by drinking a large amount of my electrolyte mix at a hot race weekend, and I was crazy bloated! Felt fine, other than jiggly LOL.

Race weekends it's not uncommon to come home Monday morning to weigh in 3-5 pounds heavier, and it can take 3-6 days for it to come back off, and I'll suddenly have a day where my body apparently decided to just get rid of it all at once (yesterday was that day for me again - way more coming out than was going in LOL).
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    12 pounds in a single day.

18 pounds over a few days (2 flights and a 26k race).

14 last weekend in Vegas (also 2 flights, a half marathon and did you know there’s a cupcake ATM in Vegas?).

Also 11 lbs from running a marathon (no flights-but did travel).

Evidently, running makes me “gain” weight.