Is it just me?

Options
So I've been on this site since Jan 2011, but was slcaking off for a bit, then about 3 weeks ago I started doing it again, tracking calories, working out every day. Now I feel like my day isn't complete if I don't get my sweat on. ( I know that sounds disgusting) but that's how I feel and I'm loving it. I was just wondering if there was anybody else that feels like that or if its just me.

Replies

• ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    So I've been on this site since Jan 2011, but was slcaking off for a bit, then about 3 weeks ago I started doing it again, tracking calories, working out every day. Now I feel like my day isn't complete if I don't get my sweat on. ( I know that sounds disgusting) but that's how I feel and I'm loving it. I was just wondering if there was anybody else that feels like that or if its just me.

*In my best Tony Horton voice* That means it is good!

You go girl!
  • CelenaOlson
    Options
    The days I don't work out, I feel sluggish and yucky and sometimes don't even get outta my PJs until after noon! (it's 12:09 here and I'm still in my pjs.)
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Definitely know what you mean! I'm right there with you. Exercise is addicting!
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    Thank you and you look great!!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    me too!!!! I feel lazy if I don't do something
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I totally feel the same way!! If i don't work out i feel like a slug and just ickky about myself,it just makes my day so much better if i am active!!
  • Maxbjd
    Maxbjd Posts: 14
    Options
    For Shizzle!!! If I dont get my pump on I gotta do some pushups or chrunches or something.
    I feel all guilty and get ancy....I'm back into it now!...Beast Mode as the youngsters say!
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I needed to walk yesterday - I was out of town on a business trip so I found a local trail and set off not really knowing where I was going or how long it was going to take! I did take the time to make sure it was well used and safe! I felt great!:happy:
  • ETsambouris
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I missed 3 days of exercise because we were away, and I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin!!!!! I never thought I's enjoy exercising so much. I think it is the natural high you get. My husband goes to the gym days a week and I never "got it". I HATE GYMS! But now I catch myself thinking "Maybe I should join too".
    Scarey.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    While you don't want to get obsessed with dieting and exercise...it should just be a way of life...but when you exericse you feel good - mentally because you are proud of yourself...and physically - because your doing something good for your body. You get an exercisers "high"...its a good feeling that your body and mind want to keep getting.
    Good for you! Keep up the good work!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    If I am not active I feel like some part of the day is missing. I at minimal must be walking around and moving doing something. It is funny because I usually take sunday off from my hard core workouts but I am still running around like a crazy woman because I can't sit still.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hear you! Some days it kills me, when I have done a few in a row but once I am there, I love it.

I get to the point where I feel guilty for having a rest day LOL:smile:
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My biggest probelm now is trying to 'eat' my exercise calories. Not trying to start a debate on whether to eat or not. I do, around 85% of the exercise cals but with the amount of exercise I do daily its a lot of food to eat. Thinking about cutting back but now that I have developed the exercise habit - long time coming - not liking the idea of foregoing my daily 'sweat' and trek to the gym.Life is complicated!
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Same here. Today I dozed off with my nephew for a bit, and I woke up and I was like eughh I didn't work out yet. I felt really lazy so I got up and did it. I feel great now. Just hot and gross and sweaty. lol
  • r0gu3
    r0gu3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yes! I know how you feel. If i dont get my run in i almost cant sleep at night. i have pent up energy or frustrations that i didnt get to *run out*. Keep up the good work!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Nope not just you. Here is a little funny story, yesterday I was midst workout and was a hot mess - literally sweaty and smelly - when my doorbell ran. Perfect timing for the UPS man to show up with my items I recently ordered. I was a bit embarrassed when I had to answer the door and sign for the package. I was quite ripe and grossing myself out. HEHEHE But it was a damn good workout!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Definitely feel the same way!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    The days I don't work out, I feel sluggish and yucky and sometimes don't even get outta my PJs until after noon! (it's 12:09 here and I'm still in my pjs.)

LOL that is nothing, its 3:20 here and I am STILL in my jammies. But in my defense its my first day of summer vacation and I wanted to spend today writing the quarterly reports on my students so I can enjoy my few weeks off before school starts up again! I also took frequent breaks to go outside and water my veggie garden, throw in some laundry and clean the litter boxes...so I suppose I was some what productive. :tongue:
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    Nope not just you. Here is a little funny story, yesterday I was midst workout and was a hot mess - literally sweaty and smelly - when my doorbell ran. Perfect timing for the UPS man to show up with my items I recently ordered. I was a bit embarrassed when I had to answer the door and sign for the package. I was quite ripe and grossing myself out. HEHEHE But it was a damn good workout!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Last week I fell in a puddle of water at the grocery store and no one cleaned it up and I didn't see it and I fell and sprained my knee. The doctor told me to stay off it for a day or two. The next day I was itching to do some kind of walkout, so I went to the park and pushed myself to walk for 20 minutes and then then next day I pushed myself to do a 40 minute hardcore workout. My knee is still sore, but it's like I'm addicted to working out now and it just comes naturally now. I don't have to fight myself to workout.
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    YES exercise is very addicting BUT it's the best addiction to have!!!