How Do I Keep Active Now?

Options
I have lost 21 pounds in less than a month by eating well and swimming a lot every day.

But it is the middle of August and it has already gotten too cold to swim.

What other kinds of exercise can I do besides walking/jogging? I live above someone so I can't do anything that involves jumping around. I'd run up and down our stairs but our stairs are really loud and they make the dog in our building go hysterical. I've been doing yoga but I find that I can't do it two days in a row, it just burns my muscles out too hard. I don't have the money to pay for a membership anywhere or I'd already be swimming and using the workout machines at the YMCA every day. I also need something that I can do alone, so no team sports.

What can I do?

Replies

• ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Resistance training with elastic bands; cheap & quiet.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    How about a body weight workout. No jumping needed really. I have one here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rileysowner/view/beginner-focused-bodyweight-workout-102072

A better warm-up might be needed that works with your setting, but basically you want to warm-up your muscles before doing this.
  • Positive_Energy73
    Positive_Energy73 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Try working out to different workout dvds. That's what I like to do to change things up.
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    Cardio hooping is fairly quiet, but it takes a bit of practice to keep it balanced long enough for a workout. Unless you have previous experience, you need patience to deal with lifting it back up all the time. You can start with a lighter one, about 1-3 pounds, in 2-5 minute periods with short respites in between cycles.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Resistance training with elastic bands; cheap & quiet.

Was going to say that to lol! what about hula hoop great work out, burns some calories and helps the tum n bum
  • jeepgirl001
    Options
    I find it too cold for the pool now also. So I got my bike out and go for an hour at a time. It feels great!