On Average how many go-to meals do you have for each meal of

Options
Do you eat the same breakfast everyday, switch it up between a few different items?

Same question for lunch and dinner.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, yes. I have a glass of chocolate soy milk just about every day. Occasionally on the weekends I'll have whole grain pancakes or waffles with peanut butter.

Lunch and dinner, no. Dinner is different every night and lunch is usually leftovers.
  • YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Options
    For breakfast I have a couple of options that fit my taste that morning. If I want to eat something cold cereal hot oatmeal. Protein. Omelet carb toast
    For lunch u have the something for a week because I make a batch on my day off dinner is different depending on what's in the fridge
  • reganbrownreynolds
    Options
    I have two or three pretty regular variations:

Breakfast: oatmeal w/ fruit; steel cut oats w/ black beans and salsa mixed in; a bagel sandwich w/ fried egg and canadian bacon

Lunch: leftovers; turkey sandwich and soup; big salad with sauteed shrimp or grilled chicken

Dinner: I am a little more flexible with dinner. We have our favorites, but I like to keep things interesting by switching it up
  • YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Options
    For breakfast I have a couple of options that fit my taste that morning. If I want to eat something cold cereal hot oatmeal. Protein. Omelet carb toast
    For lunch u have the something for a week because I make a batch on my day off dinner is different depending on what's in the fridge
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i usually eat the same breakfast.

Lunch, I alternate between like 4 different things. And I alternate dinner too. I can't eat the same thing every day. I'd be very unsatisfied. I also happen to love food and love cooking.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    breakfast is either eggs, oatmeal or cereal.

lunch is usually left overs from previous days dinner

dinner is meat and veggies

i know i'm totally boring but i'm not a huge fan of cooking so i keep it simple
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually either oatmeal, scrambled eggs, or an english muffin with peanut butter. Lunch ALWAYS has some fruit and usually some kind of nuts/trail mix. I usually make a chicken/rice type thing (sometimes cheesy, sometimes tex-mex, etc)... dinner I vary like crazy, I refuse to make the same dinner twice in a month lol (granted, I always make al ot of it, so I'm eating the same thing for a few days)
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If there's something I really like I'll eat it every day til its gone.
    I just ran out of veggie burgers this morning. :(
  • GrannyCynth
    GrannyCynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Right at the moment I eat oatmeal with some kind of fruit everyday.
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Options
    during a work day I pretty much eat the same thing. I eat cereal or if i'm running late (which I almost always am) I eat a protein bar. I have baby carrots and a couple hard boiled egg whites for my first break at work. I have a sandwhich with chicken lunch meat and yellow mustard (no cheese) and a piece of fruit for lunch. I have a chobani champions for my last snack.

Dinner is whatever I decide that day. This is what I eat on non-workout days to maintain my calorie intake. When I work out I of course eat more. I might eat oatmeal as an extra snack or something.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    YES. It is so hard to constantly count calories that I found myself sticking to the same foods meal after meal after meal... Thankfully, I like what I eat and haven't tired of it in my almost-a-year-now quest for weightloss. For breakfast, I stick with Special K cereals (about 200 calories w/1% milk), grits or sugar free oatmeal (only 100 calories for each). Lunch consists of soup, tunafish or turkey on english muffins w/fruit or special K chips (i try to keep my lunches between 300-400 calories). For dinner, I eat whatever my family is eating aka whatever I decide to whip up. It may not be my 1st choice for a healthy dinner (i would choose to have the same for dinner as i do for lunch) but this is my quest alone afterall, and my family of picky eaters shouldn't have to suffer. I cook for them and just eat less of it. Voila! 34 pounds down, 6 to go... :happy:
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to mix up my breakfasts - cereal some days, 2 poached eggs on 1 piece of toast, fresh fruit w/ cottage cheese, or a piece of toast w/ crunchy peanut butter. My lunches are the same just because I'm at work and it's easiest.

Dinner is kinda sorta routine - DH and I always have a "big a** salad night" (as we call them) - lots of fresh greens and veggies, there's usually a Subway night, and we go out once or twice to our local bar & grill. Other than that we'll try and cook...sometimes more succesfully than others. :laugh:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I try to mix things up as much as possible, but I have a few key breakfasts and dinners to fall back on if I'm slow getting out of bed or have a hectic evening. Still trying to find a few good go-to lunches.
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i go in spurts and have the same breakfast for days but I go by what my taste buds are calling for.

Right now its been grated potato & onion, sauteed with either Real Bacon bits, or chicken sausage or turkey sausage.
    Then 1/4 to 1/2 cup of egg beaters or all whites.

Lunch tuna or soup usually.

Dinner is different every day. :flowerforyou:
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to the same things, at least during the week. I tend to lose more and eat better the less I think about food.

So, for breakfast, I usually have a hardboiled egg, followed by a greek yogurt ( I love the Fage Honey and the Fage Cherry Pomegranate). There is usually a 60 to 90 minute gap between those two.

Lunch is a Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones/Eating Right meal. If I know I have a meal slowly thawing in the fridge, meaning it can't be put back in the freezer and eaten another day, I'll stick to what I've brought and not be tempted to eat out. I have three grocery stores within a half mile of my house, and they all stock slightly different inventories of the meals, so I'm able to get a pretty good variety.

Since it's summer right now, I eat two cups of diced watermelon every afternoon for a snack. I don't know what I'm gonna do when watermelon season is over....probably apples and yogurt or apples and peanut butter. One days when I am inexplicably hungrier than usual, I'll add in a Fiber One 90 cal bar or brownie, or a 100 cal snack bag of popcorn.

Dinner's the tough one for me. I like ending the day with a big meal...it's nice to sit down with my family and enjoy dinner. So I try to keep my calories low throughout the day, and I keep a close eye on portions, that way I can still make family faves like pastas or fried pork chops. One of our favorites is Shrimp Scampi. I was afraid of that one for awhile, because it's basically butter, white wine and cream over rice, but I've found that I can get away with a lot less butter, a bit more wine, and a splash of half and half with a little skim milk to lighten it up a bit. I also serve it over brown rice now.