Help!! I want chocolate!

Options
I need ideas! My kids are both in bed by 8 and that is usually the first time I get to sit down. That is when the chocolate cravings hit hard! I have a bad habit of using chocolate to destress. I need ideas on what I can eat that will satisfy the sweet craving but won't load on the calories (especially with it being so late in the evening).... is there such a thing?

Replies

• TiffanyW
    Options
    I need ideas! My kids are both in bed by 8 and that is usually the first time I get to sit down. That is when the chocolate cravings hit hard! I have a bad habit of using chocolate to destress. I need ideas on what I can eat that will satisfy the sweet craving but won't load on the calories (especially with it being so late in the evening).... is there such a thing?
  • losingit09
    Options
    have u tried tea... or hot chocolate (25 cal pack??)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    chocolate cool whip w/strawberries....put 1tsp of choc syrup in cool whip
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ya know dark chocolate actually has good properties. Go for dark with over a 60 percent dark ratio (70 percent is the better number to shoot for but more difficult to find). Trader Joe's has great natural dark chocolate truffles. Lindt also has a very tasty dark truffle. I eat one or two of the Lindt truffles to knock out my craving.
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Pineapple is good- just have a couple of slices. Or strawberries, peaches, lychees, raspberries, blackberries- or any kind of fruit really, as it's quite sweet. I just find that the "luxury fruits" are more indulgent given that they cost a little more :tongue:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    have a small piece of dark chocolate. i always save about 60 calories for dark chocolate, no matter what. i would go crazy without it.
  • TiffanyW
    Options
    All wonderful ideas! I knew you guys would know what to do.

Thanks so much!!! :smile:
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have jello cook and serve, fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding. I put in half cup containers and top it with 2 or 3 squirts of that cream you squirt out of a can, oh ya ready whip. Its honestly the best treat. Feels like your are cheating, its so good..
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I have jello cook and serve, fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding. I put in half cup containers and top it with 2 or 3 squirts of that cream you squirt out of a can, oh ya ready whip. Its honestly the best treat. Feels like your are cheating, its so good..
  • ethan19blue
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate jello in a cup is extremely low in calories or go for the 2 % it is also not bad. Add some fat free whip cream. Yum! :love:
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How about Tootsie Rolls. They are fat free. Or Sugar Free hot chocolate. Another thought is chocolate mini rice cakes.
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    I think you do the same thing I do--I call it celebratory eating. The kids are in bed? Wahoo! Eat some ice cream. Finished a load of laundry? Break open a bag of chocolate chips! So now that I am a good girl and follow the "plan", what do I have at night (instead of a huge bowl of buttered popcorn!)? I save my 8 oz of skim milk and a packet of 25 calorie hot chocolate for my special bedtime treat. It is only 115 calories and I look forward to it every night!
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Torani makes a good no-calorie chocolate uh...not syrup, but it's like those flavored syrups that Starbucks puts in your coffee. I get a little bit of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese (protein!), mix in some unsweetened cocoa powder (just a little, that stuff is STRONG) and drizzle in some of the Torani. Add a little fruit if you desire.

See, I'm all for low calories, but I am not one for empty calories. If I want a chocolate fix, it's going to have something beneficial, even if it's a treat. Like I'll make hot chocolate, but with skim milk.

Or! Do the food snob thing! Get some really really good dark chocolate, and only have a little bit. The richness of artisan chocolate is incomparable to the junky chocolate in a Snickers bar. SAVOR it. Make it a ritual! Break out a nice tea and have your small piece of chocolate, as a luxurious, "all about you" way to end the day.
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

You must be my twin! I have the exact same problem!! My 2 kids in bed by 8; first time I get to sit down; crave chocolate!
    I eat chocolate rice cakes or have some hot coco with fat free whip cream. I did discover a new treat! The regular size chocolate or caramel rice cakes, add banana slices and add some FF whip cream! Yummy!!
  • mRina66
    Options
    Chocolate pudding (70 cals) is soooo goood:bigsmile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth after dinner when everything in my house starts to wind down. I like see's chocolate lollipops, they are 85 calories and they take a long time to enjoy! If you get a mixed box there are 4 flavors, vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch and cafe latte. MMM. gonna go get one now :wink:
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    I'll second the person who mentioned the Lindt Lindor Truffles. I have an assorted bag and an extra dark bag. So I have white, milk, dark and extra dark truffles to choose from! I make sure I plan in my end of day truffle (sometimes 2) so I don't have to worry about it. They are amazingly rich with a gooey, creamy center! They are usually the last thing I eat before I brush my teeth at night. Sometimes I'll have a cup of tea with my chocolate.

If chocolate is truly that important to you and no other substitute will do, then just buy some that are individually wrapped in very small portions. Then just allow yourself one or two and savor them - and brush your teeth afterward so you don't want more! :flowerforyou:
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    rice cakes drizzled with chocolate 100 cal bag? Also, organic dark chocolate is really not so bad if you just take a couple of pieces.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow icecream bars!:wink:
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Sliced strawberries with a little plain non-fat yogurt and topped with Trader Joe's Midnight Moo chocolate syrup!