boredom causes munchies

Options
When Im in the house all day and bored I just munch all day. I have been stuck in today with a sick child and although I have done day 2 of the 30ds I have nibbled all day. I have tried to be good and have nibbled on dry cereal and fruit today but not everyday is like that. It just doesny hit the spot like chocolate or cakes. Does anyone else have this problem when bored.

Replies

• Dee120hb
    Dee120hb Posts: 24
    Options
    All the time! I'm living back at home with my parents and I'm not working or going to school. So all I do is eat when Im in the house. It's all healthy food (plus chocolate) but I graze and graze..
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    Oh yes boredom is my biggest weight loss problem!!!:noway:
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Me too. Plan a long walk or something where you're out of the house and moving. Someplace where there's not food!
  • IAMQUEEN
    IAMQUEEN Posts: 52
    Options
    For sure! When I'm at work I'm on a schedule m-f. When I'm at home on the weekends, it more mindless eating. "/
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    It's my problem too! Especially if I'm off sick and feeling down.
    I miss or have my meals late due to snacking. My real problem is buying the snacks in the first place.
    Huge bars of cadburys chocolate call to me if they are on offer.
    I buy them for the family but find i snap of a few squares when i go in the fridge

When I'm back on track I do have snacks but have reasonable portions within my calories.
    I buy princes smoothie marshmallows from Makro. I leave the box out of sight in my loft. When I fancy something something sweet I have to get the ladder down to climb up and get one bag down. I find this works for me out of sight out of mind lol. I do share them with my son so I don't eat a whole bag in one go.

Perhaps you could have an emergency stash box that fools your brain into being satisfied you have had something naughty but nice.
    :flowerforyou:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    This happens to me when im writing. At risk of sounding terribly worthy i deal with it by making a huge platter of sliced up raw Vegas and a tasty dip (low fat crime fraiche with garlic, herbs and a little salt is yum)
  • zumba89
    zumba89 Posts: 82
    Options
    Me too. I would look around and could see me eatting everything. it happens more when i know i have chips or candy. now i try to found things to do that help alot it help more when the task is 2 hours.