Getting fit over 45

Options
I’m up for the challenge but it is extremely hard! Any motivation, advice suggestion??

Replies

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!!

For a Starter check this link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • Onyx_MCG
    Onyx_MCG Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was 42 when I started. I started out slow. 3 days a week. Now I’m up to 6 days a week. Been working out since May of 2015. It can be done. Must stay focused and motivated!
  • Onyx_MCG
    Onyx_MCG Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend
  • wolftrucking08
    wolftrucking08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and getting fit myself. I'm officially 3 weeks into it and having success. Id be happy to help, advice, support, as well as a swift kick in the a@# if needed.

BTW my name is BOB.
  • wolftrucking08
    wolftrucking08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Danie2pt0
    Danie2pt0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree, it’s not easy. I’m 48 and on day 5 of MFP. I track everything, drink water and take it one meal at a time. Also I have committed to walking every day and plan to add to that. Good luck!
  • DeniseWilson43
    DeniseWilson43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp Iam turning 45 next month. Never to late to start a new You Denise
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    We can be tough on ourselves but yes it’s harder for us to lose and maintain a normal weight. Don’t get discouraged you can do it!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and more fit today than I was at 25 as a military veteran. In some ways I'm actually more fit now than when I was active duty. You can do this!