It is time for for a change!

Options
Hello All!

I am new to this. My friend told me about the site because she was turned onto it by her sister. I am a 33 year old working mother of two. I have decided that there are no more excuses, I need to loose at least 55 pounds.

I can't do it alone and my husband is not really any help. He likes to eat grease and unhealthy foods most of the time. He could eat pizza everyday but I won't. I am a major chocoholic! I eat chocolate everyday. I don't want to deprive myself of that but I know I can maintain it once I get there. I love to cook and try new foods as long as I have someone to share them with. I am going to start enlisting my almost 10 year-old as the guinea pig.

I hope I can stick with this and finally be happy in my own body again!!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Take it slow and educate yourself on healthy eating.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026964/Susanne-Emans-bid-worlds-fattest-woman-52st-mother-2-supersizing.html

Take a look at this if you need motivation.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also am a chocoholic! Have you ever tried Vita Brownies? So yummy and kill the choc craving! Feel free to friend me! Good luck in your journey!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Take it slow and educate yourself on healthy eating.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026964/Susanne-Emans-bid-worlds-fattest-woman-52st-mother-2-supersizing.html

Take a look at this if you need motivation.

UGH!!! :huh: :angry: :grumble: :noway:
  • QueenCat25
    QueenCat25 Posts: 130
    Options
    The vita tops are delicious, too! I also drink Shakeology for my chocolate cravings, but I won't go into that on here. LOL
  • rachyhanney
    rachyhanney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi there, ive been on this site for nearly two wks now and im finding it very helpful so you should do just fine, you sound like me when it come to the other half mines just the same loves naughty food which doesnt help, add me as a friend if you like mayb we can help each other out.
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You have come to the right place for motivation and support. Everyone here is amazing! I wish you the best on your journey towards a healthier you. If you need additional support add me. :o)
  • AmDurling
    Options
    Thank you for the post. I needed to see that. (dls 06)

I think I need to find some vita brownies and vita tops. I bought some skinny cow mini frozen fudge pops today because they were only 45 calories. I like ice cream almost as much as chocolate.
  • slsmith9702
    Options
    I'm new to site today also - I have 35-40 lbs to lose - I need all the help / support I can get - I have felt so lonely in this journey - probably why I have not been too successful on my own.