Introduce myself

Options
Hi my name is Caitie. My background: I grew up in a family where food=love. 4 years ago I was in an extremely bad car accident where I was basically put on bedrest for a year. During this time I got up to my heaviest weight of 323lbs. I was able to work again and started walking the 5 miles to and from work and dropped down to 250lbs. Life got easier/harder and I stopped caring about exercise and eating right. I am now back up to close to my heaviest weight. My significant other and I are looking to expand our family but theres one problem. I am unwilling to put a child through the risks associated with an obese mother. I want to get down to maximum of 220lbs before we start trying for a baby. Overall though I want to change my way of life so I can bring a healthy child into the world and show them how to be healthy. I am so excited to continue this journey. I need friends who are supportive and want supportive friends. If you fit the bill please friend me!
Caitie

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Precious babies are certainly great motivation! Best of luck to you :)
  • DeniseWilson43
    DeniseWilson43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    It’s more difficult when we are adults, but don’t get discouraged you can achieve your goals. Plan out your meals and join a gym that has classes such as Zumba, spinning etc
  • ferrenmariec97
    ferrenmariec97 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank You all!
  • ianknox1
    ianknox1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A very sincere good luck, to both you and your partner on your journey. I trust that the sincerity shown by your message will translate into the dedication required by your weight loss goals.
    Sincerely,
    Ian
    (a newbie)