Gaining foot mass?

Options
rfajitas12345
rfajitas12345 Posts: 27 Member
edited November 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Starting off: I'm a 33 year old male. Weirdest thing is happening... have been eating well and exercising for 4 months. Have gone down about 25 pounds and gained quite a bit of muscle mass.

I'm on the stronglift 5x5 program and do it religiously. Recently, I've noticed that my shoes are becoming quite a tight fit - as if my feet are gaining mass. It's to the point where I'm going to have to go up in shoe size.

Has anyone come across this really wacky scenario?

Replies

• 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just your lifting shoes or all of them? I’m also doing SL and find my lifting shoes feel slightly tight because I’m spreading my feet completely flat as I lift (particularly because the weights are getting heavier so my stance in more important). But my other shoes are fine 😂🤷🏼‍♀️
  • rfajitas12345
    rfajitas12345 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No lifting shoes. Just regular day-to-day shoes.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I experienced the exact opposite.
    Loose footwear. Your issue sounds like gout to me .... A uric acid buildup. Could be gout. Could be rapid weight loss compounding the flare up/buildup of uric crystals. I honestly don't know.

What does your GP have to say about this development?
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Nope. When I lose weight, my feet narrow out too.

Get it checked out by your GP. Is a continuous increase in size, or perhaps they just swell when you workout?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It could be that the lifting is causing your feet to spread or slightly change their structure. Feet do change as we age, gain, and lose weight. It doesn't take much change to affect the fit of a shoe.