Going out for a run today, what’s your favorite music to r

Options
Going out for a run today, it gorgeous out and I’m feeling inspired. I’m sick of the music I have right now and I’m looking for something upbeat (8.5 min mile).

So...what’s your favorite music to run to?

Replies

• soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, I've started listening to This American Life podcasts on the treadmill. Each episode is about 58 minutes, and I find I get so into listening to the stories, I completely forget I'm jogging!
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just like to hear nature. Sometimes it is something peaceful, sometimes dancey, but when I really need to dig in and push through the wall then it is something hard and angry such as NIN.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Mr Blue Sky
    Palladio
    Song Away
    Boogie Wonderland (Penguin version)
    By The Way
    I gotta feeling
    Barbra Streisand
    The Pretender
    I predict a Riot
    What you waiting for
    Higher Ground
    Magnetic Baby
    Far Above the Clouds
    Modern Way
    Richard III
    You've got the love
    Immigrant Song
  • sierracanbe
    Options
    i created a 6wk playlist for my workouts .n_n
    hope you like 'em!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/sierracanbe
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Christina Aguilera's "Fighter"...love that!
  • TheTeeWhy
    TheTeeWhy Posts: 186
    Options
    Lately I've been bumpin The Game's new album quite a bit, some old school hip hop. anything in between

Rap gets me going like crazy.
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    My favorite song to listen to while running is Turbo Lover by Judas Priest. :happy:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Make a station on Pandora for Deadmau5 :bigsmile:
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like general dance-ey and upbeat songs when I exercise but the one song that always keeps me going is "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi. Such a great message when you're about to run out of fuel! :flowerforyou:
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Genius, I can totally see me running to that.
  • ishapeme
    Options
    Absolutely awesome. Thanks!
  • ishapeme
    Options
    Thanks - great playlist.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What type of music?

Cage the elephant, My chemical Romance, foo fighters

Google the VH1 top 100 *insert genre here* lists. One hit wonders, Hard rock songs, etc. all have some good stuff.
  • kaleighmorgan
    Options
    Embarrassingly enough, I tend to bust out the ol' Folie A Deux album by Fall Out Boy. The actual music is interesting and it has enough angst and beat to keep me going.
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I run to britney spears, Katy perry, black eyed peas, arctic monkeys, kings of Leon, adele, beyonce, lady gaga, rihanna, tinie tempah and a bit of queen (don't stop me now) up the hills!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    For some reason the song I don't care by apocolypitca and riot by three days grace makes me want to run. but i just put pandora on quick mix, i got mandy moore, brantley gilbert, needtobreathe, lady a, taylor swift, the band perry, katy perry, nicki minaj, colt ford, black eyed peas, emimem, jason aldean, kesha, black shelton, pitbull and skillet as stations so I get a variety :) It plays music like the main artists too
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    black eyed peas and cheesy 80's inspirational music like "i need a hero" and "she works hard for the money" oh and techno when I'm zoning out.
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love techno, house, Top 40, 80s, 90s, disco, and on more mellow days... classic rock. Deadmau5 is a GREAT idea, I'm going to have to check out a Pandora station for that one. :) Paul Oakenfold, Armin VanBuuren, Tiesto, Benny Benassi....all really good stuff there, some fantastic remixes of popular songs.

I'm about to make a new mix that's strictly 80s/90s since I haven't run to that in a LONG time.
  • CapitalE
    CapitalE Posts: 30
    Options
    my fav's right now are:

"gotta have it" beanie siegal and peedi crack
    "girl you be killin em" fabolous
    "play" david banner
    "HAM" Kanye and Jay-Z
    "Gimme that bass" Ciara
    "Don't Stop" Kanye and NERD
    "pussio" by dizzee rascal

and anything by Girltalk. always. on repeat.
  • ishapeme
    Options
    Not embarrassing. I downloaded a few songs :0)