oops,,I had 40 cal and no fats today

Options
Thats right , its true! Any of you had a colonoscopy? Well I am in preparation for jsut that. No food all day todlay and night and not untill about noon tomorrow. OUCH, I do get to drink a gallon of wonderful somehing. Itss makin me sick! I have about a half gallon to go. You know hte rest of the story for the rest of the night. Think I have a weight loss this week? hahahha

Replies

• lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thats right , its true! Any of you had a colonoscopy? Well I am in preparation for jsut that. No food all day todlay and night and not untill about noon tomorrow. OUCH, I do get to drink a gallon of wonderful somehing. Itss makin me sick! I have about a half gallon to go. You know hte rest of the story for the rest of the night. Think I have a weight loss this week? hahahha
  • catnrolly
    Options
    Well, that's one way to lose weight!
  • MFR1974
    Options
    You will feel the best you've ever felt after it is over tomorrow though! I feel for you...I too got sick on the stuff you have to drink...that is really no fun at all. Good Luck and God Bless!:happy:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Hope all goes well :flowerforyou: and hopefully you will at least get a couple pounds that stay off out of the deal!:wink:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and had a colonoscopy a few weeks ago, a cancerous polyp was found! :(

Good luck, and yes that liquid is just terrible to force down!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow! I hope all is well.

I have never had a colonoscopy....but now I'm thinking about signing up if it means losing a few pounds. :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow! I hope all is well.

I have never had a colonoscopy....but now I'm thinking about signing up if it means losing a few pounds. :laugh:

LOL believe me, it's NOT worth it. :noway: No substance should ever leave the human body in the way it does after 4 Dulcolax and a gallon of Miralax + G2. :sick: Although you do feel well-rested after the anesthesia wears off! :laugh:
  • lorelai63
    Options
    Its 7:30 pm and I started drinking at 4, I am suppose to be done by 8. Iam gaging after every swallow. Its so nasty. What if I cant drink it all? Oh Im so nervous.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Its 7:30 pm and I started drinking at 4, I am suppose to be done by 8. Iam gaging after every swallow. Its so nasty. What if I cant drink it all? Oh Im so nervous.

I didn't drink all of mine...I think I got through 3/4 of my Miralax stuff. It didn't taste bad (yummy G2) but it filled me up so much that I felt like vomiting. The next morning when I told the nurse, she sort of gave me a hard time, but when she asked what was 'coming out' and I said 'nothing natural to the human body', she said I'd be fine. When it's just...uh...clear discharge...you're empty. :laugh: The next morning my stomach felt sort of sloshy but it was just bile.
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hope your colonoscopy goes well and you have a restful day tomorrow...i go to the doctor tomorrow for a colonoscopy consult...so i guess i too will be gagging on that foul stuff before long...blessings to you, let us know how it went...
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I had to gag that stuff down, but my boss got some pill she had to take instead and it still cleaned her out. I wanted that pill!!!!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    wow so many colonoscopies. Is there some symptom that I should know about? I hope all goes well tomorrow!
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You don't want the pills either you have to take 10 pills every hour for 6 hours, trust me after the second batch you are gagging on those too. It was absolutly horrible, i was wishing for the liquid.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    wow so many colonoscopies. Is there some symptom that I should know about? I hope all goes well tomorrow!

50 is the age recommended for your first colonoscopy. I went for mine because I had severe intestinal pain and lower GI bleeding, but CAT scans weren't showing anything. If everything is functioning normally, you don't need to get one done early. :smile:
  • lorelai63
    Options
    I dont know I still think I would rather do pills. I never did get through the whole jug of liquid, it was just sickining. I want to vomit jusst thinking about it. I hope they will do the procedure today even though I didnt get all the meds down.
  • spiritmi
    Options
    well, how did it go?...been wondering about you and hoping it went well...
  • lorelai63
    Options
    Well I didnt get the liquid all down., only about half. So I worried all night that they would not be able to do it. Four years ago when I had it done they found a lymphoma cancerous tumor. I did chemotherapy and radiation and have been great since. Needless to say this colonoscopy was very scary for me because of what they had found last time so i really wanted to get it done. Well when I got there the nurse said that the doc probabley would opt not to do it since I was not running clear. However when the doc realized after looking at my last results he said we are going to do it anyway just so I can see the area which was at the beginning of the colon. He wanted to make sure that the area was not growing anything abnormal. So away I went. I was completely asleep and when I woke up I was crying like a baby. I think it was the nerves of not knowing what they might find this time. WELL the doc came in and announced that not only did the area of consern look wonderful but that they were able to get through the entire colon and not even a polyp was found. He said YOU have a colon you can be proud of hahahahha. Needless to say I was overjoyed and cried again! God is so good! I have been cancer free for 4 years.this time. I was first diagnosed with low grade lymphoma in 1994 and underwent radiation for that and then 5 years later radiation again. In 14 years I have lived a normal wonderful life with a few interuptions for treatment. And thats why I say GOD is good, ALL the time! PS I didnt loose an ounce this morining after two days of not eating hahahha
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    So happy that everything turned out great!!!:drinker:

It's really no fair you didn't get a loss though:grumble:

Keep up the good work and enjoy your health:flowerforyou:
  • spiritmi
    Options
    i am so happy for you!!!!...may the years ahead all be good ones for you...healthy and happy!!!...many blessings to you!!!!
  • lorelai63
    Options
    i am so happy for you!!!!...may the years ahead all be good ones for you...healthy and happy!!!...many blessings to you!!!!

Thanks so much!