Is it possible to lose inches over night?

Options
Hi all,

I'm a bit confused.. I took my measurements this morning and seem to have lost 1/2 inch off my bust, and an inch off my waist and hips since yesterday. I took my measurements a good few times to make sure I'm not tricking myself, but they seem to be accurate.

Is this possible? I've also apparently lost two pounds from yesterday (both weigh ins were first thing in the morning)

Thanks!

Replies

• 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yep - I tend to get soft and ‘squishy’ before I have a quick drop in size and weight. These pics are two days apart but the day in between was exactly the same as the first pic. There is a theory that emptied fat cells fill with water while the fat is burned and then once your body stops holding that water you get the “whoosh” as everything tightened and your weight drops. Search the forums for whoosh and you should find some threads.

q750axcci4l2.jpeg
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    If you were bloated or retaining water, it's possible. It doesn't mean you have lost that much weight overnight. You'll go up and down but as long as you trend down, you're ok.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Sure, but it mostly goes the other way and then back down. As i was losing, jeans that barely fit would not fit some days until I got smaller and then they fit even on "fat" (water retention) days.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Not just overnight but during the day too.