infertility and losing weight..

Options
hey there i am new to the scene..wondering if there was anyone out there that is going through anything simular to what cards i have been dealt. that is infertility and trying to concieve. we have gone through 7 IUIs and 1 IVF, as i am preparing for the second round of IVF im attempting to lose this weight or most of!!

Replies

• zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am not but I just wanted to say I am sorry your going through all that and I hope it works for you.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yep... Not IUI or IVF but My husband and I have been TTC #2 since Feb of 2008. Its been a super bumpy ride.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I havent gone quite through the steps that you have - but I am trying to lose weight inhopes of starting a family. I have been trying for about 8 months now - started losing weight 5/6months ago. I fear my weight is stopping me from being able to conceive
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year and still no luck. I've heard weight can be a major strain on fertility so I started MFP so I can lose some weight and see if that doesn't help with conceiving. If not then I will be going in for some fertility testing soon. Best of luck to you with your next IVF!!!!!
  • LCDMomma
    LCDMomma Posts: 67
    Options
    I had fertility issues for about 5 years when I finally turned to fertility treatments. I was very lucky because after 1 IUI I turned up pregnant with triplets. Good luck and if you ever need someone to talk to I’m here.
  • tnealxx1
    tnealxx1 Posts: 10
    Options
    thanks!! do you guys have any advice for staying motivated and doing the program>?
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Using these message boards has really helped me stay motivated. Hearing other peoples stories and getting recipe ideas and workout tips really gets me excited about this journey.

Also finding ways to exercise that are enjoyable. My husband and I went out and bought bicycles and riding for an hour or two is so fun and burns off a ton of calories.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    About 4 months into our TTC journey I decided to try and lose weight, and ended up losing 30lbs (on another plan). About 9 months from when we first started trying and 5 months into my WL journey, I got pregnant.

After losing all the pregnancy weight and then some we began TTC #2. After nearly 18 months we finally decided to stop trying - I was in the process of setting up fertility appts. We decided the whole thing was too stressful and we're blessed with what we have. We're on the "if it happens it happens" plan.

Good luck to you. I know how emotionally draining the process is month-to-month. It cannot hurt to get your weight down while you're TTC.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Remind youself why you are doing this when you feel lost and unmotivated.
    If I feel like eating junk - I usually remind myself that if I do I cant have babies (which is a rediculous notion - but it helps)
    Take it one step at a time - and keep your eye on your goal - to be a fabulous parent to a child that will love you unrelentlusly(sp?)
  • justjenagain
    Options
    I spent ten years in my first marriage trying to get pregnant (age 22 to 32). I was told at the age of 32 that I was unable to have children. Less than a year later, my husband and I divorced and I went on a self-improvement kick that included losing 120 pounds. Two weeks after marrying my now husband, I was pregnant. Weight loss CAN help with infertility, depending on the type of infertility. In my case, I was not ovulating due to my weight causing hormonal imbalances. Unfortunately, I gained sixty pounds back with the pregnancy, but I don't mind all that much as I have a beautiful six month old baby girl as a result. I wish you luck with your attempts to conceive. Although a big surprise for us, our daughter has brought us immense joy and purpose.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    stress is a BIG one along with weight

My ex and I were together for 7 years and I never got pregnant and then found out that I couldn't get pregnant due to not ovulating then we divorced shortly after that and I lost about 70 lbs and wasn't stressed anymore

that was in Jan 08 that we split up and in Dec 08 I got pregnant with my oldest and gained 80 lbs then 5 months after he was born I got pregnant again
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I can be your ray of hope here.
    I have a 5 year old. To get pregnant with her I needed high doses of Clomid along with Metformin. Not to mention starting a cycle needing Provera (I have PCOS).
    A few years ago we went the Clomid route again but nothing happened. We moved, I got on a weight loss/ lifestyle change and lost close to 40 lbs. Hubby went away to work for 6-months. Came home in October and I was pregnant in January. On our own without meds so it was a shock to say the least!
    Weight really does impact fertility for some people. Losing some weight really helped me. I still have PCOS as indicated on an ultrasound in February (the cysts were clearly visible and the tech even asked if I had it).

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • SweetToothFreak
    Options
    I need to read all of these today. My sister just told me that she was pregnant and she wasn't trying. I would normally be happy but she is in no place (Mentally/physically) to raise a child. I'm very depressed about everything! Need all the inspiration I can. Thank you!