Keto/LCHF/Carnivore/IF Friends

Options
Started keto in May and have had amazing results. Looking for more friends to help keep each other motivated!

Replies

• GettinFit4my3
    GettinFit4my3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started Keto 3 weeks ago. Messed up this entire weekend but back on track this morning.
  • Shammir
    Shammir Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started keto in August, so been on it for about 3 months now. Lost 40lbs!
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Added you guys! Let's keep each other motivated, great work!
  • erindellamore
    erindellamore Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just got back on keto after having my baby a year ago! Definitely looking for some support šŸ˜Š
  • adrishappyjourney
    adrishappyjourney Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started what I believe to be "KETO" about 2 weeks ago and have not seen major results. Could totally use having you all as friends, please do add me! Support needed :)
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Please add me. started Keto last week, been pretty dead on, but would love support.
  • stephanie5505
    stephanie5505 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been doing keto since Oct 20th 2017, down 90lbs, still have 10-30 more to go (will see how I feel after about 10). If anyone needs keto support feel free to add me! Keto is amazing and I love talking about it and helping others with it. It has changed my life šŸ˜Š
  • rozalynwa
    rozalynwa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    started keto yesterday. it is pretty intimidating. I would like to lose 15 - 20 pounds. Is it better to focus on macros or calories? I have the cookbook Simply Keto. Any other suggestions?
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My first 3 months of Keto I counted macros and made sure I was close to all my percentages by within about 2-5%.
    I meal prepped a lot, and I made it simple. After a while, I did not need to count macros, but counted calories instead. I still check my macros to see if Iā€™m still in the 75/20/5 mark. I mostly check to see if Iā€™m out on my carbs, which I never am. Most important thing about keto is staying at 20g of carbs or less, for some people it could be more.
    One thing I do want to say is, eat your protein in the morning and lunch and try to have around 2/3 to 3/4 of your calories already done before your last meal. This way you can check MFP at the end of the day to see what else you need and just build a big salad on MFP with everything else you need to meet your macros. My last meal almost almost always consist of spinach, olive oil, mayo, salad dressing, cheese, (I build my last meal base on what percentage I have left).
  • Keto4happiness
    Keto4happiness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love love keto. Been doing it for a month (cheated for Thanksgiving but was able to get right back to it.). This is the only of eating that keeps me energized, not get depressed, focused, and of course the weight loss is a plus.

I will he in maintenance mode soon and won't have to be so focused on macros
  • julienegron
    julienegron Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi, Blubberbuster. I know this thread is old but I'd like to encourage more people to tell us their stories. What are we learning on LCHF/Ketogenic lifestyle? Pros and Cons? How sustainable to you feel it will be for you?
  • julienegron
    Options
    I know people who eat butter with every bite to UP the fat intake.
  • julienegron
    Options
    @rozalynwa Focus on your macros. If you're eating LCHF and focus on calories, you may not be eating enough nutrients to sustain the lifestyle. You won't see any success and you'll feel like a failure. You should be concentrating on your fat intake and low-carb, moderate-protein intake. A good place to get your macros numbers is https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/