Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Bump
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Might be worth looking at eat stop eat or lean gains. I have dropped my bf% 3% to around 16% in a couple of months using those techniques.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    bmp
  • spark409
    Options
    bumpp
  • cheska222
    cheska222 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m 54 and looking at the same goals. I had a DEXA scan that said I was overall 19% body fat. I was shocked. It seemed low for how I looked. BUT, my legs, arms, and gynoid region were 26-24% range. 😧😧😧 My torso was 11% and that skewed the overall.

I’m a pear. A post-menopausal pear. With fluffy arms. I have worked consistently and hard for 3.5 years and lost a lot of weight. My BMI is 21.

The DEXA consultant said body composition is mostly genetic and suggested spot strength training to build lean mass. I’m struggling with the concept of giving up or cutting back on my cardio. But, everything I’ve read says intense cardio is the enemy of strength gains. But, they all also point out how hard it is for women my age to gain strength. So hard to know what to do! I’m within a few lbs of my goal weight. There’s a lot of info out there, but a lot of it seems focused on beginners vs fit folks.