Help with knowing activity to set mfp at

Options
Hello everyone. , I was wondering if anybody had a recommendation for which activity level to set mpf to . My non exercise steps are about 12000 . Would that be sedentary. ?

Replies

• DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    That would likely put you around the Active category.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Sedentary means you sit all day. You're the opposite of sedentary at 12,000 steps. At least Lightly Active, if not Active.
  • Tashanicole444
    Tashanicole444 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I was putting sedentary and then adding in exercise I think I need a bit more. With my level of activity. Thanks for the help.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Important thing to note is to track your intake and monitor your results and adjust up or down based on your results
  • YourGreatMagnificencent1
    Options
    12000steps is a lot of walking, indeed about 12 miles so I would say highly active
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Do you have a device that records those steps that can also sync with MFP?

Agree with others that 12000 steps isn’t Sedentary and you said “non exercise” so are there more steps coming from exercise too?
  • Tashanicole444
    Options
    Yes 12000 is with non intentional exercise. With exercise steps get up to 18000 .
  • Tashanicole444
    Options
    Update ! Ok so I really made a point to track steps on a non busy day , it was 11,000 . Should I set mfp to lightly active or active ? With exercise it goes up to 16000 steps. Sometimes more. Thank you. For any help.
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Agree with others that 12000 steps isn’t Sedentary and you said “non exercise” so are there more steps coming from exercise too?

This. If you sync your activity tracker with Mfp and make sure negative calorie adjustment is selected, it’ll take care of the math for you. Based on how many steps you get in a day, I would think you would be at least in the “Active” category, if not “Very Active.”

Right now I have my activity level set at “Active” and mfp still gives me 300-600 additional calories/day in addition to what they give me at the “Active” setting, so I’m considering changing my level to “very active” so I know exactly how many calories I have to work with in the morning.

I tend to get 10,000-15,000 steps/day, and only 3-5,000 of those are earned through “exercise.” The rest are from all the running around I tend to do chasing 2 young children. 😄

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

This. If you sync your activity tracker with Mfp and make sure negative calorie adjustment is selected, it’ll take care of the math for you. Based on how many steps you get in a day, I would think you would be at least in the “Active” category, if not “Very Active.”

Right now I have my activity level set at “Active” and mfp still gives me 300-600 additional calories/day in addition to what they give me at the “Active” setting, so I’m considering changing my level to “very active” so I know exactly how many calories I have to work with in the morning.

I tend to get 10,000-15,000 steps/day, and only 3-5,000 of those are earned through “exercise.” The rest are from all the running around I tend to do chasing 2 young children. 😄

And I agree with all this! Good advice friend!