Weight watchers

Options
Anyone doing weight watchers and using MFP along with the WW ap? I entered all my food today in WW and it was 27 points (4 over my daily allowance) and then entered all the food into MFP and it was only 1002 calories! I came up shy in all my macros (I have it set at 30-40-30) No wonder I over eat my points and still feel hungry.

Replies

• Its_Haleeyyy
    Its_Haleeyyy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had WW for a little but and it didn't work for me. It would give you a crazy amount of points for snacks/meals that weren't even that high in calories because it's not considered "healthy." If you can eat really clean WW works wonders but if you like snacks and such MFP is easier
  • boxer490
    boxer490 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat very clean and a lot of the zero point foods. I eat 3 square meals a day and includes veggies. I also eat healthy fats which cost points. I try to eat a bit of carbs at lunch time but eat veggies and protein with healthy fats for dinner. Not sure how that doesn’t align with WW?

I do know that some days I eat less carbs and some days I eat a bit more. Today when I entered all my food into the WW app it was 27 points and in MFP it was 1002 calories.

I was just curious to see what others have noticed when they checked their points into MFP to see the calories.

• cindimk
    cindimk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Each Weight Watchers point is worth 50 calories. I do not log "zero point foods" on MFP. When I was doing WW I took the average number of points I was allowed daily and translated that (x 50) into the number of calories I can eat per day on MFP. As I lose more or if I start gaining weight I will lower the calorie allowance on here. It seems to be working so far and I don't have to log every little thing so I feel a little freedom.
  • rsj7799
    rsj7799 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    boxer490 wrote: »
    Not sure how that doesn’t align with WW?
    Aligning with WW would be if your point allowance put you at a reasonable calorie deficit. If you are low on calories but high on points, you'd want to eat fewer high-point foods and more low/no point foods. You'd need to experiment to find a workable combo between calories, points, and satiation.

My understanding is that WW dings you on fats, whether they are considered healthy or not.

"Clean" eating has various definitions. WW doesn't necessarily aim for "clean" foods. In addition to that, their proprietary goals are subject to change every year or two.

The current system only increases point values for sugar and saturated fat, not fat in general (although a previous version of the plan did). The point cost decreases for protein.
  • banana47
    banana47 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Anyone on the new CSIRO Plan?
  • Mugs203
    Mugs203 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I made lifetime on Smart Points and then gained half of my weight back - can't get a grip on Freestyle. I did the same thing as you - I am severely under-eating on Freestyle
  • katrinamiller7357
    Options
    I love WW Freestyle. Made goal so get to keep the app now for FREE as long as I’m not more than 2 pounds over goal. I find it reasonable. Will start MFP now to see calorie count. I eat a ton of zero point foods! I love plants, fruit, fish, chicken, eggs, plain yogurt... I could eat just zero foods! So I have to be careful as even zero point foods have calories. I’m at goal (and finally in a healthy weight range) but to be honest I would love to lose 15 more pounds for vanity reasons! I’ve plateaued at goal but probably from complacency!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    KG_1988 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Calorie reduction diets are a joke and don’t work.

In essence, calorie reduction is the ONLY thing that works. It's how you get there that's the difference.
    Yeah, and you aren’t getting there with weight watchers, or any other diet that focuses solely on calories in calories out, that’s for sure.

Actually, I lost 90 lbs on weight watchers (counting points) and the last 30 by logging my calories.
  • xcc670
    xcc670 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I tried my very, very best on WW for one year. I lost a few, but when my life got extra busy and I couldn't focus 100 percent on my food or I had to eat restaurant meals, I gained it all back. I've been eating clean for decades. I think MFP and a keto type of meal plan will work better for me.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    Great
    Have fun maintaining

I am. I've lost all the weight I needed to lose. :)
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. I tried weight watchers for a couple weeks but I was starving the entire time. I logged all my food here and it was an average of like 950 calories a day.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    boxer490 wrote: »
    Anyone doing weight watchers and using MFP along with the WW ap? I entered all my food today in WW and it was 27 points (4 over my daily allowance) and then entered all the food into MFP and it was only 1002 calories! I came up shy in all my macros (I have it set at 30-40-30) No wonder I over eat my points and still feel hungry.

I know several people who found they were undereating on WW because some of their staple foods were for some reason higher in points than the calories would seem to suggest. I know others who found they were overeating and not losing weight because they were eating more 0 points foods than I guess WW expects you to. It seems to me the point system with Freestyle is problematic for a lot of people. Older systems seemed to work better for more folks!