Total Calories Sum vs Total Macros Sum

Hello there,
So this is what I have observed at the end of a day. Even if I exceed the daily macro goals for all 3 macros (Carb, Proteins, Fats) that I had set, it still shows that I'm under the total calorie goal for the day. How could this be? Attaching screenshots below

This screenshot shows the fact that I'm exceeding all 3 macros:

yeawtjvxxvik.jpg

While this screenshot tells me I'm still under my set goal. How can I exceed the goals for all 3 macros, and still be under the goal of total calories for the day?

iiz6qtmahb5t.jpg

Replies

• Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    How many times do you want to post the same question?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Post your diary screen shots as well
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Some food labels include fiber in the carb macro, but not in the total calories.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Some food labels include fiber in the carb macro, but not in the total calories.

+1

Calories are king IMO
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2018
    You're posting pictures that don't help anyone see the problem. Your problem is in the individual food entries that you are choosing, which we cannot see.
    1. Macros can be rounded on the nutrition information, so they will often not match exactly/
    2. The entries in the MFP database are mostly user entered. Some users enter stuff wrong. Others don't care about macros, and don't enter them at all. Either way, if you are going to watch your macros, you need to make sure you are choosing database entries that match the package, or if there is no packaging, match the USDA published info.

If you don't understand this answer, you can make your diary public and we can show you one or two entries that are wrong which might make it clearer to you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    edited November 2018
    The entries in the MFP database are mostly user entered. Some users enter stuff wrong. Others don't care about macros, and don't enter them at all. Either way, if you are going to watch your macros, you need to make sure you are choosing database entries that match the package, or if there is no packaging, match the USDA published info.

Yeah, this ^^

So, faraz9994, when you use a food either vet it through a known nutrition source and edit the existing one or enter a brand new food off the label (if it has a label.) Then the food will appear in your MY FOODS list and it will be entered the way you want it.

We all have to do this.