Who gained the most weigh after turkey day

Options
Rabbit91476
Rabbit91476 Posts: 41 Member
edited November 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Due to food in gutt and water retention after Two turkey days. Wednesday am I was 158.8. And Friday I was 165.4. Most of it will be gone in 48 hours. how did every one else fair.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian but I looked back at my trend weight and I actually lost 0.2lbs after a weekend of two Thanksgiving dinners.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I am Canadian but I looked back at my trend weight and I actually lost 0.2lbs after a weekend of two Thanksgiving dinners.

I picked up a couple pounds for ours. Lost it about 3 days later all in one big drop.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I picked up a couple pounds for ours. Lost it about 3 days later all in one big drop.

Yea I think I didn't gain because of the eating schedule, Thanksgiving is one meal in the middle of the day, whereas most of my calories are at night before bed which affects the scale. Also I don't really love Thanksgiving food that much so I didn't eat as much as usual.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    4.5 pounds... which looks like it's a bit typical. I really didn't eat much before dinner except for some dim sum with the wife for brunch. Dinner however, I filled two large plates and had 3 craft beers. I didn't touch desert as I absolutely had no room.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I'm not weighing myself until Sunday so don't know yet. I don't expect much change since I ate normal sized meals for me and stayed active.

Also holding off on weighing. Unlike you I didn't eat normally yesterday. I haven't eaten yet today. I will have some turkey breast for lunch and then go spend some time at the gym, like 90+ minutes of cardio, light dinner later. Probably will do similar tomorrow. The average should come out reasonable. I am near the top of my range and I don't want to see a weight outside the range. I have a 10 pound range because I don't even want to see spikes go over. I am pretty sure I would if I stepped on the scale right now.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    A whopping 5 lbs here! I was trying to gain a little so I ate as much as I could! I’m so excited to run tomorrow and see all the Christmas lights everyone put up 😊
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm up 1lb, no biggie. I got full really quick at the main meal but I did a bunch of grazing during the evening and there's mini pecan pies and pumpkin loaf calling me from the kitchen...
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Up 1kg. I surprisingly did not eat that much at the meal (but still ended up getting too full), but I kept going back for the cranberry bread eating 2 more slices of that until I thought I'd get sick, but it's sooooooo good... and it's still down there in the kitchen... singing its siren song of "eat me, I'm delicious."
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Fantastically managed to stay the same. Ate a small breakfast, grazed on veggies and a little dip. We ate dinner around 5. I had a big helping of turkey and small of every thing else except the steamed green beans. Still ended up really full and only took a sliver of pie...and then a small serving of apple crisp...and then a few more snitches. And just one glass of wine. Not deprived and happily the same weight!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Up 2.4 pounds, but likely due to water retention from PR'ing my 10k yesterday morning, plus not eating my usual amount of fiber. I'm well within my weekly calorie budget and I expect to be comfortably back in my maintenance range tomorrow.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Within my normal fluctuations, but I don't have a traditional T-Day, either. Since my BF lives like 6 hours away, we spent last weekend together (not for Thanksgiving persay) and Thanksgiving for me was spent home alone with my cats LOL. Actually, it's not too bad, I get myself a couple food items I love (crab and lobster) and thoroughly enjoy that along with some day drinking. Not a huge spread, but I love every bite!
  • whit4kids
    whit4kids Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 pound! I didn’t deprive myself of anything. Just had a dab of potatoes, stuffing, corn casserole, and orange jello salad. Focused on turkey and green beans. Even had a slice of pumpkin cheesecake. Ended up very satisfied. When I tracked my food, I was aghast at the number of carbs I consumed, was so ready to see a gain appear on the scale today. I was pleasantly surprised.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Happy to report, I stayed the same.
  • Rabbit91476
    Rabbit91476 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow some had some real restrain. I’m no long trying to loose so I had fun with sweets. But I fasted gym and three mile run before the first t day
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    1.6 for me and about the same for hubby. I'm ok with a little spike.