50 Pounds Down Since August 17th!!!

wren176
wren176 Posts: 148 Member
I hit a big goal for me this morning on Thanksgiving of all days! I have lost 50.9 pounds since starting low carb on August 17, 2018. All diet and no exercise. My sweet hubby just fixed my exercise bike. I’ve been rehabbing a knee injury and now it’s time to kick up the physical activity. Three more pounds and I’ll be in onederland. I’m so excited! It’s been a complete change of thought process and habits but I’m so happy to continue on this journey.

Replies

• Hybridchld
    Hybridchld Posts: 15 Member
    Great job! But be very careful with the knee. The success you've had so far could motivate you to go all out on the exercise but your knee is something that can give out very quickly with little to no warning.

I broke my knee 20 years ago and sometimes I'm exercising (or even just walking around) and it's perfectly fine until one second were it decides it doesn't want to support my weight anymore and collapses. It's not fun, so please be very careful.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    WTG!!! 50lbs in 3 wish months is a lot!
  • Babs5420
    Babs5420 Posts: 17 Member
    Wow! What an accomplishment! Happy Thanksgiving to you!
  • imgritz
    imgritz Posts: 47 Member
    How? I’ve been struggling with 5 lbs in the last 6 months.
  • C0ffeenutter
    C0ffeenutter Posts: 21 Member
    Good work 😊
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    Congratulations!! I just starting my low carb diet a week ago and am down 6.2 lbs with no exercise. I plan to incorporate working out once I have eating right down to a science. This is super motivating, the positives of watching what you eat is amazing. Keep up the good work!
  • wren176

imgritz wrote: »
    How? I’ve been struggling with 5 lbs in the last 6 months.

All I do is try to stay at 25 carbs or less a day. I’m my weight loss is slow I track to see why otherwise I don’t even log. I am pretty strict about it though. I have had 3 cheat meals in 3 months. It really reduces my cravings for carbs. I ate whatever I wanted for Thanksgiving yesterday and today is back to normal.
  • wren176
    Hybridchld wrote: »
    Great job! But be very careful with the knee. The success you've had so far could motivate you to go all out on the exercise but your knee is something that can give out very quickly with little to no warning.

I broke my knee 20 years ago and sometimes I'm exercising (or even just walking around) and it's perfectly fine until one second were it decides it doesn't want to support my weight anymore and collapses. It's not fun, so please be very careful.

You are exactly right! That’s the way my knee is. The recumbent bike is definitely a good one for my knee and I do not go all out. Slowly but surely.
  • jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    That’s awesome 👏 😁
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!