🗣Help!!!! I have PCOS and i keep getting bigger 🥺

Options
Dutchess00
Dutchess00 Posts: 1 Member
edited November 2018 in Motivation and Support
I suffer from PCOS and trying to get pregnant. Well, it’s been rocky for me and found myself depressed 😩. This is the biggest I have EVER been and mentally I have checked out. I recently got married as well and really need to get it together! Lose some weight, get My confidence back, and increase my chances to get pregnant. Any one suffer from PCOS?

I need someone who can motivate me as much as I motivate them!!! When i get in a groove I’m all positive but when i crash... I CRASH AND HIT A WALL. I Needs a few workout friends on here 🙃 to keep me mentally there.

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, many people with PCOS do well on a lower carb diet, because PCOS is often associated with insulin resistance. You don't have to go full keto to see benefits.

I'm a terrible motivation friend, I never check my feed. But I wish you well in your quest for a family! Good luck!
  • scummins2
    scummins2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found out today that I also have PCOS! I was wondering why I was putting on so much weight! 😓
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I suspect I'm in this group too
  • AlexMoraP
    AlexMoraP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have PCOS too, and even though I am not currently TTC I need a big improvement in my health overall. I am the heaviest I have been right now and my confidence is disastrous. I'm starting to swim tomorrow, Wich is making me anxious! On top of that, I'm insulin resistant and I keep thinking about my future and the possibility of diabetes 😭
  • janicebolen18
    janicebolen18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A low sugar/carb diet has helped with my PCOS and weight loss. Nothing too dedicated- mostly just cut back pop, juice, ice cream, cookies etc. Plus scaled back the pasta, white bread, rice etc to mini portions and dramatically increased veggies and protein. It has helped me reduce the PCOS symptoms within a couple months.
  • Bellarosa555
    Bellarosa555 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and despite low carb, low sugar...I don't lose weight. I went through IVF in 2010 and got twin boys out of that experience. But...I have only been able to lose and gain the same 7 pounds since 2011 despite different diets, high intensity interval training 3x/week etc. Its SO frusturating. My blood sugar continues to increase and I'm now diabetic. I'm physically strong, have amazing blood pressure and cholesterol but SOOOO insulin resistant. Everyone thinks they have the perfect advice for how I can lose weight but they dont get it. I feel there is a key that could unlock the insulin resistance but haven't found it yet.
  • kristinstephenson86
    Options
    How do we lose weight with PCOS? I don't want the harsh meds either :(
  • supergirlrekha
    supergirlrekha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I suspect I too have pcos ( based on a scan I had several yrs ago). I'm also pre diabetic now. I love carbs and frankly don't know how to go about with a low carb diet. But I need to change the way I eat. I'd really appreciate it if some tips can be given about adopting low carb diet and keeping hunger pangs at bay. Thank you.
  • kristinstephenson86
    Options
    When I go lower on carbs; I'm starving. Feels like my body is fighting against me.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    When I go lower on carbs; I'm starving. Feels like my body is fighting against me.

That’s a sign of insulin resistance. I had that too. Gradually ease into it and you only need to get down to 100g of carbs which isn’t that low. No need to do keto.
  • mfp4kc
    mfp4kc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Another thought is to look into working with a Registered Dietitian that understands PCOS and can work with you on a diet and lifestyle plan specific to you. They can also help guide you on supplement recommendations.