Trying this... again. Looking for friends and tips on staying on track this time.

I was on here two years ago and did a good job losing weight for the most part. I was down 40 pounds and felt good about everything but this was also when I had a lot of time on my hands because I worked from home. I kept my meals very simple and focused on walking a lot throughout the day and making sure I worked out 5 days out of the week and did yoga every day. When I have the time and no distractions, I'm really great and staying on track (aren't we all) but now that I've moved to a new state and my self esteem has plummeted since I gained all the weight back and then some, I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to stay on track. I'm off from work for 4 days for the holiday so I chose this time to attempt getting back into the swing of things since I don't have any family here and will be alone for Thanksgiving. I'd like some friends on here that are also in need of mutual reassurance. So feel free to add me! Also feel free to comment below with any advice on how to avoid screwing this up again or ideas for exercise after a long work day. There is absolutely no way I can wake up any earlier strictly for waking up. I have an extremely difficult time as it is waking up at 5:30 for work. I usually get home around 6 and try to be laying down for bed by around 9 so working out and getting a decent meal cooked is difficult.

Replies

• PigHerder
    PigHerder Posts: 89 Member
    Well, the good news is that you know the whole process of logging and creating a calorie deficit works because you've done it before. :) And while the exercise bit helps, your diet is by FAR the biggest factor in weight loss - so don't worry if you struggle to get time to exercise during the week. Maybe just focus on the diet first until you get back in the swing of things.

I'd probably start by planning out a week of meals you like, and maybe trying meal prep to help save you time and keep you on track during the first week or two?
  • Meal prep is difficult for me because I get really sick of eating the same things over and over. Most of the time I usually skip breakfast during the work week and then eat a ham sandwich or some sort of frozen TV dinner that's low calorie for lunch at work. Once I get home I take my dog out for a walk and then immediately start cooking. It's just me that I have to cook for since I live alone so cooking doesn't usually take an outrageous amount of time but by the time I'm done with doing all of my after work requirements, I definitely don't feel like working out. I may try to just work in doing yoga again every day instead of a full work out and just focus on working out on Saturday through Monday (on Monday I don't go in until around 1). Yoga really helped me a lot with my shoulder pain and made me feel good.

Do you have an tips for meal prep that would help me avoid getting sick of stuff so quickly?
  • fatimamekkaoui
    fatimamekkaoui Posts: 6 Member
    I so feel you sister! I am NOT a fan of meal prepping at alllllll. And I really don’t think it’s super necessary. It’s all about knowing what you’re putting in your temple aka body. Let’s be friends!
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Hey! I'm back again for the umpteenth time. This time I gained 30 lbs after my wedding, when I was in the best shape of my life. I totally understand the feeling of wanting to kick yourself in the rear. I'm a teacher, so I understand the long days as well. My tip for meal prep is pick one day a week (for me it is Sunday) and prep lunches and dinners. I have a pressure cooker and will make a bunch of chicken then shred it when it's done. Then I portion it out into baggies and freeze most of it. It will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge, but months in the freezer. When I need a portion, I pull a bag out in the morning and leave it in the fridge to defrost. It is ready when I get home! The beautiful thing about shredded chicken is it is versatile! I've done chicken and gravy over rice, baked taquitos, quesadillas, and creamy chicken and noodles just to name a few. For lunch, I love cucumbers, so I make sure to slice and portion out cucumbers in containers so it is grab and go when I throw my lunch together. I will eat hard boiled eggs (they come out perfect in the pressure cooker) or plain lunch meat with cheese sticks. I'll also have some kefir (dairy beverage). I do let myself have one meal a week that is whatever I want. It has helped tremendously with cravings. Feel free to add me, as my feed has gotten pretty quiet!
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Welcome back! 😊