Who gained the most weigh after turkey day

Replies

• PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Exactly 1 lb but my weight fluctuates daily. I had turkey breast, gravy, stuffing and carrots (skipped the mashed potatoes and cranberry). No dessert but I did treat myself to some gummy worms :wink:
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    I lost 1.2 😂
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,232 Member
    Up 2 today. But, was down an unexplainable 2.7 the day before. Did not over eat, although I did under exercise (like 0). Also my dodium intake was about 2x normal. So, i'm guessing I realky didn't change much.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    surprised myself no weight gain. I ate just a small amount of all the carbs and a lot of turkey and one piece of pie. Happy with that.
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Surprisingly, I lost 1 lb. Hope it doesn't show up tomorrow. I was aware of what I chose for my meal and because I had already decided that I was going to eat chocolate cream pie, I left portions of my main meal on my plate, not wanting to be too full to have to wait until later for my pie. Thoroughly enjoyed everything, including the piece of apple pie I ate later that night. I decided not to push my luck, and went right back on course this morning.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Surprisingly down 1.4 lbs to the bottom of my maintenance range. I ate more than 2500 calories but had a 5k race and 2 mile walk, so had about 100 exercise calories left over. I was a little surprised not to have weight gain from the 5k since I ran it hard.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    1 pound. All things considered, actually a loss, considering I ran a 5k yesterday morning (2 pound water weight expected), and had a high sodium meal yesterday (typically brings 1.6 pounds of water weight).
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I was up 6 lbs this morning. But I stepped back on the scale before lunch and 3 off those were already gone. It will probably all be gone in a day or two.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    I lost .06lbs from 11/22 to 11/23. I will get them back tomorrow because I am going out to dinner tonight :'(
  • corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Gained 2lbs. No regret here. And I had leftovers today. Still being active and I'll be back on track tomorrow.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Up .3.... within ranges
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    I gained about 6lbs....but after 8000+ calories I ain’t even mad about the day after effect ....photos were taken this am the day after lolcg4q4d0ljpji.jpeg
    dwcm5itaxaqn.jpeg
    0pbay3a2skdd.jpeg
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    edited November 2018
    Move along folks, nothing to look at here.

SODIUM folks, it's mostly just water retention due to all the sodium consumption.
    Be back to normal in a couple of days.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I had a giant deficit on Thanksgiving.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,123 Member
    I spent about six or seven hours on airplanes and five or so in airports on Thanksgiving. I didn't touch any of the usual Thanksgiving foods. I still ended the day significantly over my calorie allowance. Fried potatoes, grilled cheese, a Bloody Mary and some Sierra Nevada are the main culprits. Didn't really gain mass as best as I can tell, but it's not my usual scale, and time of day was a little different. Possibly a half pound at most. Life event celebration continues the next two days, so I won't be surprised if I am up more when I get home. It will be a temporary situation. If it really bothered me, I bet I could keep it at bay, but I am giving myself permission to eat a bit more and deal with the results in a few days.

Sadly, this isn't the case for someone else in my family. They have gained quite a bit since I saw them last, and now there's a diabetes diagnosis and insulin treatment. We had a chat, and I watched them eat a sleeve of Ritz crackers, a third pound of deli meat, and an ice cream sandwich among other things. That was a couple hours before the first celebration meal, and that included two very large plates of food and dessert afterwards. Because the insulin is working, they aren't concerned about what goes in the mouth. I wonder if they could reverse the disease with diet and exercise, especially since it's a recent diagnosis. I don't know if it's denial or apathy. Or both. Or something else. But it's hard to see when there's another option to at least try.

I am thankful this year for many things. One is for the support and motivation that comes on MFP. I am also thankful I have generally been successful on my journey and look to next year when I will be thankful I am still maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm up 1lb, no biggie. I got full really quick at the main meal but I did a bunch of grazing during the evening and there's mini pecan pies and pumpkin loaf calling me from the kitchen...

Quoting myself because I found another 3 this morning :D
    Worth it. The day itself I was incredibly active between my morning race and then all the cooking and hosting. I did hit the gym Friday but was otherwise deliberately sedentary and just ate leftovers and more pie and some chocolate and stuff.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I guesstimated my calorie intake at 5027, and was up 2 lbs Friday morning. No big.