Fitbit Charge 2

Options
What is the life span of a Fitbit Charge 2? I've had mine about a year I think and I noticed that it would show my peak heart rate while just walking and then my cardio kickboxing class on the heavy bag would have a lower heart rate. So I rebooted it and it seemed to be ok. That was a week ago, I charged it a couple of days ago and now suddenly it unpaired from my phone and hasn't recorded anything since 12 or so. I've plugged it in and rebooted it again now suddenly it says the charge is out.

Any ideas?

Replies

• oat_bran
    oat_bran Posts: 370 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    What is the life span of a Fitbit Charge 2? I've had mine about a year I think and I noticed that it would show my peak heart rate while just walking and then my cardio kickboxing class on the heavy bag would have a lower heart rate. So I rebooted it and it seemed to be ok. That was a week ago, I charged it a couple of days ago and now suddenly it unpaired from my phone and hasn't recorded anything since 12 or so. I've plugged it in and rebooted it again now suddenly it says the charge is out.

Any ideas?

I just started a thread about the same issue in the fitbit group. I've had my Charge 2 for a little over a year. It actually did this thing for a while in the beginning. I would show peak rate when I was just walking during exercise. Then over time it stopped doing that and for almost a year showed very accurate reading. I even tracked my weight, intake and fitbit's TDEE estimates (which are based on heart rate) on two separate spreadsheets and the results were spot on.

But a month ago or so the issue suddenly returned and it started to overestimate heart rate during my runs again and sometimes underestimating heart rate during my bike rides, witch really affects the accuracy of its TDEE estimates. I'm not sure what have changed. I also started wondering if it's just getting old... I haven't tried restarting it yet. I think I'll bring up the issue in the fitbit community forums.

But I don't wanna get another fitbit because apparently Charge 2 is very good at heart rate reading compared to say the new Charge 3 and even the Ionic. I've seen people who have tried different fitbit's say that Charge 2 is the most accurate.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for 2 years and it is fine. I've been having some sync issues, but that's it.
  • AZSCUBAMOM1
    AZSCUBAMOM1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Usually when I have issues, a good cleaning solves it. Good luck!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I have had a Fitbit for almost 6 years. Currently, my Charge 2 for almost two years. There have been syncing problems, on and off, from my first Fitbit One. I no longer pay attention to what it says on MFP. I know my activity level and my Fitbit provides incentive to move more. I am not concerned about eating back exercise calories, I rarely eat more than 1/3.
    I can tell you that Fitbit has outstanding customer service! First class! Contact them about your issues, they will advise you.