First day of 30 day shred

Options
2»

Replies

• FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Newbie question. What is 30 Day Shred?

Also, the posts give me the impression that it is female-centric. Is that usually the case?
  • Fruchtzwerg
    Fruchtzwerg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did my second workout today. Feeling amazing. Very sore - but still good. It can only get better :smile: Good luck to us all! Yay!
    Anyone who feels like it can add me for support :flowerforyou:
  • Fruchtzwerg
    Options

what is L2D5??

Level 2 - Day 5 :wink:
  • Fruchtzwerg
    Options
    Newbie question. What is 30 Day Shred?

Also, the posts give me the impression that it is female-centric. Is that usually the case?

The 30 day shred is a Jillian Michaels (personal trainer on the Biggest Loser USA and Australia) workout program. It's basically a workout DVD. You have to do her workouts for 30 days. There are 3 levels of workouts - you start with level 1 and after 10 days you move on to level 2 which is a bit more challenging, etc... She bases her workout on the 3-2-1 method: 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs...
    Can't see why men wouldn't / shouldn't do it - but you're right it seems to be very popular with women. 1 thing is sure - the workout kicks butt! :wink:
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Good Luck, I am 19 days in and although some days I have to force myself to do it I am lovin the feeling after I have done it. I actually put weight on in the first week but I am now 2lb lighter than when I started and I still have the 10 worst days to do :explode:
  • chocolateblueberry
    chocolateblueberry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred! I don't do it every day though, I'm not hardcore enough! I do it 2-3 times a week to supplement running, however I am considering taking up the challenge of doing it every day for a month...
  • crazymel
    crazymel Posts: 24
    Options
    glad to find a post to share my experiences with!!
    just started today and i loved it. so much, in fact i contemplated doing it twice, but don't want to over do it as i'm nursing a bad knee!
    glad we can go through it together!! keep it up.
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So I just started the shred yesterday too and am definitely feeling it today! I thought that I work out fairly often enough to make it through no problem. Ummm no. lol I legit thought I was going to die! (Although I'm thinking now that the 8lb weights may have been a mistake...)

Anyway I'm super committed to doing it every single day for the next 29 days and I'm hoping to get some major support on here! Glad to see so many other people sweating it out too! :)
  • ddboone
    ddboone Posts: 61
    Options
    My 30 Day Shred journey has come to a (triumphant) end. I lost 13 pounds, 4.5 inches from around my waist, and inch off each thigh. Plus, I'm stronger and I feel better. The best part for me though is that I started something and actually finished.

I plan to still incorporate the Shred in my regular workout. I won't be satisfied until I can follow Natalie 100% of the time (which was not the case this time).

Hope everyone is still Shredding!