Returning Member!

Options
Hi everyone! I am finally returning to this site! I originally joined in 2011 and lost 40 pounds! Since that time I graduated college, became a teacher, got married, went to grad school, and had a baby, who is now 14 months old! Through all of that I tried getting back many, many, many times and found little successes but nothing to keep me going; which has basically been the story my entire life! My weight as always been an issue... I would go to weight watchers with my mom when I was like 11, I've been to nutritionists, many different gyms, personal trainers, etc. Over these years I have gained all of the 40 pounds back, plus 30 more, and I'm looking to lose it all! I really want to make sure that I am healthy for my daughter. I only have this one body and I want/need to start taking care of it!

If anyone wants to become friends so we can help motivation each other, let me know!!

Replies

• aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey! Fellow teacher here :) I've been a yo-yo'er since college. I've been successful on here several times, especially leading up to my wedding. But then I gained 30 lbs after :open_mouth: I'll add you!
  • mellyb11
    mellyb11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    I am a yoyoer also.
    I’ve lost and gained a few times and I’m hoping to be back now for good and get some lifelong changes happening. In the past I have lost 20kgs on MFP but gained it back.
    I need to lose at least 15kgs.
    I over eat and don’t exercise.
    I eat way to fast and don’t eat just because I’m hungry.
    My clothes don’t fit and I don’t want my photo taken.
    I drink way to much alcohol and carbs are my favourite.
    Add me if you like.
    I’m going to log daily and try and exercise.
    I’m going to try and go without alcohol 6 nights a week( maybe 5)
    I’m from Australia.
  • anneobrien710
    anneobrien710 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Wandless11
    Wandless11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I have recently joined my fitness pal. I am 45 and suddenly found it harder to lose weight. I have joined a gym enjoy swimming and body balance. I have started doing weights 3x week.
    Im looking for friends to motivate . My daily calorie intake is 1400 but im looking for ideas so that the food I eat is more substantial.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Hi.

MoStacy is looking for people for her Holiday Motivation challenge of getting 25 out of 31 days of exercise (any kind of activity) done between now and Christmas.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10707982/holiday-motivation-pump-it-up#latest

So far, it's just me. Why not join us?

I also mentioned some other standing groups I belong to in my first post there - maybe something there will strike a chord
  • heartofhearts
    heartofhearts Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We have some similarities. I have about 80 pounds I'd like to drop for good. I'm a mom as well. I've attempted diets, pills, gym memberships. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Hopefully, there are some people on here that aren't just posts on the feed. I'd like to feel like we're actively seeking to get to know one another & are there for one another. :)