Need easy low calorie lunch recipes.

Options
MeganReid1991
MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
I usually make either buffalo chicken salad or little pizzas on low cal bread with turkey pepperoni or leftovers.
But needing some other quick options. Super busy life!

Replies

• Phoebe5164
    Phoebe5164 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I found these great whole grain wraps freeze them , grab one some cheese and ham or shrimp or cooked salmon or whatever protein ... yummy!!

I cook salmon, chicken ,bacon ahead and freeze , just grab what you need and warm it up .
  • MollyMuniz
    MollyMuniz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I freeze “snack” bags with 3-4 oz chopped turkey WITH SALAD DRESSING IN THERE (to remedy dry turkey) and throw that on a pile of lettuce with cukes and tomatoes. It’s thawed by lunch time.
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I made the simplest, laziest black bean soup for lunch. 2 cans of black beans (not drained), a jar of salsa (or can of diced tomatoes) and a cup of broth or water. Heat it up and blend with immersion blender. You can add seasonings as needed. I used a medium salsa and really liked the flavor. Leftovers will be for work lunches for a few days.
  • akh9486
    akh9486 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For lunches I really enjoy eating dinner leftovers or creating a snack board with veggies, hummus, cheese, nuts, and fruit. I am also trying to be more creative with my lunches!
  • CGVeronica
    CGVeronica Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love a spinach salad with spinach/mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, and then to make it varied, switch it up with different mixed of dried cranberries, turkey breast/chicken, croutons, avocado, strawberries, feta).

I also plan on making a big batch of vegetable soup to freeze for lunches. Veggie broth, tomato paste, canned diced tomatoes, carrots, kale, chickpeas, zucchini, broccoli, green beans, onion, cabbage, and whatever else you want!

My sister sometimes makes smashed chickpea salad which is just chickpeas, drained and gently smashed, with chopped celery, red onion, and mayo. Have it on a sandwich, salad, or plain. Also love tuna salad, made same way.

Healthy, varied lunches is so difficult to maintain but these are great if you prepare beforehand!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Mason jar salads (check Pinterest for ideas) sometimes with the salad in a wrap or pitas. Dinner leftovers. Grilled cheese. Turkey, chicken salad, or tuna in sandwiches or over salad.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Deli sliced ham with mustard wrapped in lettuce. 4oz=120cal.