Instant Pot/Pressure cooker - worth buying?

Options
kds10
kds10 Posts: 452 Member
ANybody have one of these...I guess they are similar to a pressure cooker. Other than cooking faster than say a crock pot any other advantages?

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is worth it.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I want to buy one specifically to make bone broth soup! So excited! This is the kind I'm going to get too. I've heard good things.
  • redfish165
    redfish165 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bought Ninja foodi. Love it. Pressure cooker, slow cooker and crisps. Using a lot.
  • losingbaylee
    losingbaylee Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't have one, but I hear that they are amazing
  • jjdudzi
    jjdudzi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo happy I have one. It makes life so much easier!
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Have one. Excellent product. Been using it for about a year now. It is used at least 3-4 times a week. You can saute, crisp, brown, slow cook, and pressure cook all in device. Saves 10-15 hours a week in cooking time. Only thing I have found it is not good for is making beef jerky, but that might be me and not the Instant Pot. It will make even @Istrat115 and @denny_mac appear to be proficient cookers (as long as they follow the recipes :-).
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Not me, but a friend has one and he LOVES IT.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I have a good old fashioned pressure cooker. My wife and I are still just learning how to use it, but already we've learned how to make one of our favorite dishes in it. I imagine the Instant Pot version would be great too and probably overall simpler. But the old school ones work too.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    BUY IT! It's one of the best purchases i've ever made! I LOVE that thing!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I love mine and use it multiple times a week.
  • allarounddice
    allarounddice Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love mine too. It sure saves time and the food is delicious too~
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I bought mine yesterday!! What to make first?? 😄 I can't believe it also has a "yogurt" section. Oh, the possibilities!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it works great. I have an earlier version. Problem with all these new, great gadgets is that they are just like iPhones. A new one comes out every couple of months. Bigger, better and more improved than the last version. I have so many kitchen gadgets that I finally built a walk-in pantry, next to the kitchen, just for these devices. I've bought my last one. A good Cast Iron skillet, a saute pan, a casserole dish and a pot big enough to braise and slow cook in is all it really boils down to. "Boils down". Get it. That was unintentional. I crack myself up.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I use mine less often than I expected to, since it doesn't really get the flavor of seared food, even when you use it to "brown" first - the heat isn't very hot. I prefer the taste of roasted meats which are actually roasted, even if it does take longer.

However, I use it to make long cooking grains such as steel cut oats and brown rice, and I use it for hard boiled eggs. Which it makes perfectly every time. It's surprisingly nice being able to make a dozen eggs and not have one crack. It's also good for things which need to simmer a long time such as stock and chili.

If I had to live in a hotel room for a month this is the one cooking implement I would bring, since it does a little of everything.